U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 06:02 PM

31 posts, read 83,265 times

Advertisements

vienna sausage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 06:15 PM

4,968 posts, read 13,999,451 times
liver
brussel sprouts
cooked cabbage
sweet & sour pork
any kind of fish in any kind of sauce

Tried and won't ever eat again:
sushi
cooked broccoli
cooked califlower
cooked bell peppers
Indian food

Old 02-27-2008, 06:53 PM

371 posts, read 1,785,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Pea Soup...just the color alone gags me

LIVER.needs no explanation!
Ditto on those and I'll just add brussel sprouts and black eyed peas.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:07 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,342,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic529 View Post
onions - unless I don't know they're there - but the crunch of them makes me gag
I thought I was the only one who this bothered. Nobody I know understands the texture thing. LOL. I love french onion soup and onion rings though, but if the onion isn't cooked enough, my throat just closes up on me.

Pretty much anything that would be on Fear Factor or Survivor I won't eat. I'm not interested in trying clams, muscles or oysters either. I just never understand who looked at those things and thought, "Mmmmm, I bet they're delicious."

Old 02-27-2008, 09:20 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,130,921 times
Raw tomatoes
Chitlins (sp?)

Old 02-28-2008, 05:36 AM

13,374 posts, read 40,158,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post

Live foods though, are cruel and abhorrent to me and there is no reason for it. That is an absolute no-no.

Does this include oysters/clams? Just curious. (I love oysters myself, but realize that when you eat them raw on the halfshell they are mostly alive.)

Yeah, mostly I'll try anything once, but Anthony Bourdain's duck embryos I really could do without.

However, I've enjoyed rattlesnake, alligator, Rocky Mountain oysters (bull's testicles) and haggis and a few other novelty dishes.

In day-to-day eating, I'll never say never, because sometimes you find yourself in a position where it is eat it or starve.
However, stuff such as:

Kraft macaroni and cheese

Spaghetti-0's

soft white Wonder-bread type bread

babyback ribs--any type of ribs, and cloyingly sweet bbq sauce

will not be crossing my lips anytime soon.

Old 02-28-2008, 05:52 AM

13,036 posts, read 21,519,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Does this include oysters/clams? Just curious. (I love oysters myself, but realize that when you eat them raw on the halfshell they are mostly alive.)

Yeah, mostly I'll try anything once, but Anthony Bourdain's duck embryos I really could do without.

However, I've enjoyed rattlesnake, alligator, Rocky Mountain oysters (bull's testicles) and haggis and a few other novelty dishes.

In day-to-day eating, I'll never say never, because sometimes you find yourself in a position where it is eat it or starve.
However, stuff such as:

Kraft macaroni and cheese

Spaghetti-0's

soft white Wonder-bread type bread

babyback ribs--any type of ribs, and cloyingly sweet bbq sauce

You're right of course about Oysters and clams. I suppose I don't see them as alive because of being on ice for such a long time they are kind of suspended in animation so to speak.

I love Oysters on the shell but prefer cooked clams. But I guess Oysters are live so I will eat some live foods after all !

I like your list of "normal" foods actually.
I have never had spaghetti O but that does not appeal at all. I love real pasta so that kind of thing upsets my finer sensibilities....
I hate "fake" white bread too, And Kraft Macaroni cheese is an insult to macaroni AND cheese.

I would add to that list some UK condiments :
-Brown Sauce
-Marmite
-Vegimite
-Malt Vinegar

I also hate most commercial salad dressings, Hellman's mayonnaise ( and other similar brands), just about anything made by Heinz ( they add sugar to about everything),fake cheese, condensed milk, Horlicks and Ovaltine and anything which is too sweet or uses a lot of fake flavours. Potato chips with fake flavours, things like Doritos, and other snacks in the same vein.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:33 AM

2,937 posts, read 2,911,493 times
I will not eat peas under any circumstance. How anyone can eat something that smells so foul when cooking is beyond me. The smell of peas cooking resembles the smell of a public men's room.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:49 AM

25,573 posts, read 23,769,893 times
Wierd, I dont like raisins but dont have a problem with grapes or A1 sauce, which includes raisin jiuce in the ingredients. Cinnamon rolls, usually I'll ask if they have raisins before buying them, or will sit there and pick them out as I go.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:43 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,287,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Wow Nic529 -- you weren't kidding when you said you were a picky eater!!

After reading the cheese thread, I've gotta add "worm cheese"
I told ya! LOL - and ummm yeah - I don't know what worm cheese is - but I'll add that to my list along with the sushi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
I thought I was the only one who this bothered. Nobody I know understands the texture thing. LOL. I love french onion soup and onion rings though, but if the onion isn't cooked enough, my throat just closes up on me.

Pretty much anything that would be on Fear Factor or Survivor I won't eat. I'm not interested in trying clams, muscles or oysters either. I just never understand who looked at those things and thought, "Mmmmm, I bet they're delicious."
About the onions - I KNOW - me tooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Um ya - I'm with you on that second paragraph as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post

OMG that is just gross! I knew there was a reason I wouldn't try them!

Can't stand the idea of that either

Nope

However, stuff such as:

Kraft macaroni and cheese - yummm - my fav!

Spaghetti-0's - not so much

soft white Wonder-bread type bread - who doesn't love Wonder?

babyback ribs--any type of ribs, and cloyingly sweet bbq sauce - not really a ribs girl

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or