U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 11:08 AM

979 posts, read 3,485,618 times

Advertisements

That worm cheese is just nasty. Who comes up with this debacle of nastiness?? My goodness what are these poeple on??

.... and don't say worm cheese!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 01:51 PM

31,164 posts, read 57,288,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Kraft macaroni and cheese

Spaghetti-0's

soft white Wonder-bread type bread
Add to that list:

Campbell's tomato soup
Frozen peas and carrots
Just about anything from McDonald's
Frozen pot pies
Velveeta/Cheese Whiz/etc.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:32 PM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Frozen TV dinners
Black licorice and black jelly beans
innards of anything (no bits and pieces like snouts, tongue, and the like either)
Commercially available white bread in a bag - gag!
Any type of canned pasta (ravioli, spaghetti, etc.)
menudo (which is a stew/soup made with beef tripe, for the poster who wasn't sure what it was)
head cheese
goat - smells horrible and tastes very game-y
chitterlings
carbonated beverages
flavored waters with sweetening agents - UGH!

And the grand-daddy of them all - BALUT. I have tasted many if not all of the list above, but you'll have to pry apart my cold dead lips to get me to EVER eat balut.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:02 PM

308 posts, read 2,350,960 times
Never had:

-horse
-snale
-hare
-rabbit
-moose
-deer
-crocodile
-any kind of fried bugs or grasshopper....

and NEVER WILL

Old 02-28-2008, 10:40 PM

452 posts, read 2,090,454 times
If it's meat but it's not chicken, fish, pork, or hamburger, I don't want it!

Old 02-29-2008, 06:01 AM

13,374 posts, read 40,153,042 times
****Kraft macaroni and cheese

Spaghetti-0's

soft white Wonder-bread type bread

babyback ribs--any type of ribs, and cloyingly sweet bbq sauce

will not be crossing my lips anytime soon.****

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziSu View Post
Whaaatttt????????? Why? These foods are somewhat normal to me. Why don't you like them?
Too processed, too sugary, too lacking in substance.

What Ohiogirl added:
Campbell's tomato soup
Frozen peas and carrots
Just about anything from McDonald's
Frozen pot pies
Velveeta/Cheese Whiz/etc
....goes for me, too, but I do buy Campbell's, even though I myself don't eat it. The kids like the tomato soup on a cold day.
I also will buy the odd pot pie for the spouse, and mac and cheese for the occasional "treat" for the younger son when he comes home.
We don't really have a Forbidden Foods List at our house; we just attempt to have an educated palate and a healthy diet.
Well, I take that back. Velveeta really is verboten.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:43 AM
RH1

1,160 posts, read 3,845,880 times
I won't touch fish fingers. As a small child my parents were convinced that all children should love them and repeatedly made me eat little bits and I was nearly sick every time. I struggle to even sit next to someone eating really "fishy" fish now, it just makes me gag.

Someone mentioned hearts a while back - I had a chicken heart in a Brazilian place a few months ago and it was rather nice. Tastes like chicken but with the texture of a very dense mushroom

Old 02-29-2008, 06:53 AM

13,036 posts, read 21,516,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH1 View Post
I won't touch fish fingers. As a small child my parents were convinced that all children should love them and repeatedly made me eat little bits and I was nearly sick every time. I struggle to even sit next to someone eating really "fishy" fish now, it just makes me gag.

Someone mentioned hearts a while back - I had a chicken heart in a Brazilian place a few months ago and it was rather nice. Tastes like chicken but with the texture of a very dense mushroom
That sounds quite delicious actually. Was it in Lincolnshire ? I really enjoy trying new stuff.

I hate fish fingers too but unlike you adore fishy fish... Any kind of fish pretty much and seafood too.

And I know this is a terrible confession to make to a Brit but I don't like Fish and Chips. It always seems really greasy and the chips are always soggy. Every time my very British OH has it, I try it and almost inevitable it makes me gag...

I had nice fish and chips once in 19 years in the UK and it was in Dundee ! The fish was tasty , moist and flaky and the chips had been tripled cooked and were nice and crispy on the outside and almost mushy inside.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:10 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,563,577 times
There are only few foods I would hestitate about eating....but can't think of any right now.
I try everything at least once!
I have tried black licorice, and it didn't agree with me, and made me sick.
The only other thing I didn't care for, but tried, is fried brain (others love it!).

Old 02-29-2008, 09:57 AM

20,799 posts, read 8,531,328 times
and I thought liver and pea soup were bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or