Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 03:43 PM

306 posts, read 364,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
No, in Randhurst Mall. I haven't gone to the Skokie location in a very long time.
State-wide option I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 07:17 PM

16,541 posts, read 19,672,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Chicken wings are one of those food things I just don't get. I'd rather have boneless wings or the drumsticks as was mentioned upthread, rather than gnawing on a pile of greasy, gristly wings with very little food payoff.
...with very little food payoff. LOL Well put and I agree.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:27 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,566,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
And don't get me started on McNuggets. Who knows what the hell they are.
They actually changed the recipe. I find the new ones have a much more identifiable taste as chicken lol. But still a good ways off.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:52 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
I'm sure everyone has seen that term before: "boneless wings". Many places from casual dining restaurants to fast food joints to dive bars, use that term on their menu when they serve those things. But far more often than not, they aren't wings at all, despite being served with sauce and blue cheese (or ranch). At best, they're chicken tenders of a similar shape made of solid breast meat. At worst, they're highly processed chicken nuggets that look nothing like wings. Maybe Pizza Hut's Bone-Out Wings are actual chicken wings with the bones extracted (correct me if I'm wrong), in which case, the term would be 100% accurate. But most restaurants don't do that. Usually, it's just tenders or nuggets.

I can't be the only one who thinks there's some falsehood, not to mention a contradiction, in the term "boneless wings". (When they're not actual wings with the bones removed.) Agree or disagree? It could be just a marketing term, but still.
Uh... because they're meant to be eaten in the manner that wings are? In other words, as just a snack, with a dip?

What next? Complaining that Chicken McNuggets aren't really 'nuggets'? That there's no fruit in fruits de la mer?

C'mon. You know what it is. Look, I don't like boneless wings. I'd rather gnaw the chicken off the actual wing-bones. So I buy real wings. Is this really that hard? Are you constantly being duped by the 'boneless wings' label? If so, dude, then you have bigger problems. If not... then what's the problem?

Next thing you know, you'll be claiming that the 12-pack of drumsticks is misleading 'cause there's no twelve-legged chickens!

Old 12-07-2016, 08:16 PM

76 posts, read 56,089 times
Maybe they are just shaped like chicken wings. Who ate the bones?

Old 12-07-2016, 10:48 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,098,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
"Why do they keep calling them 'boneless wings?'"

Because they don't expect people to take the term literally and then become perplexed when they can't reconcile "boneless" with "wings."
What about boneless pudding?

Old 12-08-2016, 12:10 AM

269 posts, read 246,815 times
We have a whole generation that can't handle eating chicken off a bone. They love "chicken nuggets" or whatever.

Old 12-08-2016, 03:43 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyMaeB View Post
We have a whole generation that can't handle eating chicken off a bone. They love "chicken nuggets" or whatever.
daisy is right,,

you go back 40 years and most steaks, roasts, pork chops all had a bone in them (most popular cuts)

today,,,it is mostly all boneless,,,,from pork chops to steaks

boneless rib eyes outsell bone in rib eyes 10-1 just an boneless pork chops do over bone in pork chops

boneless chicken breasts sell 40-1 over bone in breasts....

so why not chicken wings??

if "they" can call a clam neck a clam tenderloin.......anything goes

actually, in this area in the restaurants,,,,they will call them buffalo chicken fingers not boneless wings

Old 12-08-2016, 03:46 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
That's ridiculous. It never occurred to me until I saw this thread that anyone would not take the term literally. I certainly did. The people marketing these things surely expected people to think they were wings with the bones removed; otherwise they would have called them chicken nuggets or tenders or whatever.
I don't think the op is taking it literally.
I think he doesn't understand why they don't just call them nuggets.

Old 12-08-2016, 03:52 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't think the op is taking it literally.
I think he doesn't understand why they don't just call them nuggets.
you are right... ..but the boneless wings aren't round like a nugget..

here is the reason in one sentence

boneless wings" has a better marketing sound than "mechanically separated shaped and formed chicken "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink