U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 06:06 AM

10,716 posts, read 31,051,793 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking if you made sugar cookies and iced the top of them with a little Nutella and then topped them off with a peice of your favorite fruit, it would be a slice of heaven. Can you picture the berries of every color on top of the cookies, gently resting in their beds of Nutella?

I also saw where Giada took fresh pineapple and grilled it and then put Nutella on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 08:02 AM

14,874 posts, read 36,269,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I'm thinking if you made sugar cookies and iced the top of them with a little Nutella and then topped them off with a peice of your favorite fruit, it would be a slice of heaven. Can you picture the berries of every color on top of the cookies, gently resting in their beds of Nutella?

I also saw where Giada took fresh pineapple and grilled it and then put Nutella on it.
On the Nutella Pizza I made one person said to top it w/ caramel or strawberries on top of the whipped cream (the kind in the can).

One of the Brazillian steak places by me does a Pineapple that is to die for. OMY!!! So I tried a variation at home and it is ooooooooohhhhh soooooooo good. Peel a pineapple and then cut it all up into good size bite size pieces (enough for 2-3 bites each piece or so). Put it in a pan and coat w/ cinnamon and brown sugar and stir it all up real good. The place by us just does a VERY light coating but I don't. Then cover w/ foil and put on the grill till bubbling. The brown sugar and cinnamon crystalize and this will literally melt in your mouth. People that have tried it that sit there and say, "I DO NOT LIKE PINEAPPLE" and finally try it go back for seconds and thirds and........

Old 02-29-2008, 08:07 AM

2,970 posts, read 6,153,888 times
Cost Plus World Market sells the little Nutella packets with the wooden paddle if you can't trust yourself around a big jar!

I like to spread some on a flour tortilla, roll it up and nuke it for a few seconds in the microwave. Instant gratification!

Old 02-29-2008, 09:00 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,567,583 times
Oh boy.....I love that stuff, and grew up on it, and STILL eat it.
In Germany, we use bread, spread cold butter on it (unsalted!), and spread the Nutella on the top.
Don't refrigerate it, because it will become hard, and doesn't spread well at all.
Once one tasted the Italian/ German version, one will find out, that there is a difference (only slightly) in taste.
You can eat it on crepes, waffles, ice cream, bread, bagels......dip vanilla cookies in it...all the way to eating it straight from the jar, like chocolate.
It is widely sold now here in the US, and I know that Publix Supermarket carries it.
Even if you don't find it on the shelves at your local supermarket, you can always inquire, if they can order it for you, since it is not hard to come by or to import anymore.
As a matter of fact....I better get going, and fix my breakfast....with Nutella....LOL.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:09 AM

320 posts, read 827,853 times
I posted this someplace else on CD about Nutella but worth mentioning again. I make crepes, saute some sliced bananas in butter and a little OJ - just enough to warm up the banana and get it a little soft and the butter/OJ a little carmely. Spread about a tsp (or more!) of the Nutella around the center of the crepe, put sauteed bananas on Nutella and roll up the crepe............. To die for!!

Old 02-29-2008, 09:15 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,567,583 times
I really don't think, or believe, that there is a "bad way" of eating that delicious stuff....period....LOL.
Once you ate it, you are hooked.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktully View Post
I posted this someplace else on CD about Nutella but worth mentioning again. I make crepes, saute some sliced bananas in butter and a little OJ - just enough to warm up the banana and get it a little soft and the butter/OJ a little carmely. Spread about a tsp (or more!) of the Nutella around the center of the crepe, put sauteed bananas on Nutella and roll up the crepe............. To die for!!
I think I would do that with strawberries and then top the berries with some whipped cream.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:06 PM

1,939 posts, read 5,481,401 times
OOOOoo Nutella inspisration..

how about a NUTELLA SMORES?? Authentic campfire cooked mallows, graham cracker and nutella instead of Hershey?? Oh sweet realm of pleasure! Holy Shnikes, that just might be the best one yet

Old 02-29-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
OOOOoo Nutella inspisration..

how about a NUTELLA SMORES?? Authentic campfire cooked mallows, graham cracker and nutella instead of Hershey?? Oh sweet realm of pleasure! Holy Shnikes, that just might be the best one yet
OH now I think your on to something there, I hadn't thought of that, I am going to try it.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:57 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,599,921 times
yummmmmm nutella, my kids love it with pretzel sticks.......Ilove it plain and insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink