U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 10:16 AM

1,408 posts, read 7,254,878 times

Advertisements

I've never been to a bojangles but I LOVE WAFFLE HOUSE AS WELL! I was just in VA and was so disappointed that there wasn't enough time to stop and have breakfast at the waffle house before my flight (there was a line out the door at the waffle house). Can't wait to go back to VA just so I can go to the Waffle House! yummy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 10:16 AM

6,525 posts, read 11,614,071 times
Thanks for all the input! I guess its Waffle House then.

I live in the western suburbs of DC in Maryland. I have to drive 45 minutes to the nearest Waffle House. There's fewer and fewer the further north you go, though its in some places in Pennsylvania. I don't think there are any Waffle Houses in New Jersey or New England.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
Thanks for all the input! I guess its Waffle House then.

I live in the western suburbs of DC in Maryland. I have to drive 45 minutes to the nearest Waffle House. There's fewer and fewer the further north you go, though its in some places in Pennsylvania. I don't think there are any Waffle Houses in New Jersey or New England.
New England does not have Waffle House. We have cracker barrell. My mom loves Cracker Barrell. I prefer Waffle House. Oh I'm so looking foward to my next visit to VA. Gonna get me some waffles!

Old 02-29-2008, 10:48 AM

10,117 posts, read 16,713,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I've never eaten at Bojangles.

The waitresses call you "Hon," and pour you a cup of java without having to be asked. The hash browns are done perfectly--a good brown color with just the right amount of salt. The eggs are done with consummate grace. The bacon is always crisp. And the waffles are sinful excess.
Gosh that sounds good! I wish our local one fit that heavenly description!

I love me some good hashbrowns, but the ones at this location are just soggy, greasy, and half-browned.

The people-watching is top notch though!

Old 02-29-2008, 10:53 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,341,204 times
Nope-No waffle house here in NJ, but I love that place. We always stopped there on the road trips to FL when I was a kid. Loved the hashbrowns.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:59 AM

667 posts, read 2,097,572 times
Default Waffle House Fan

Waffle House is a must on any vacation that the fam & I take!
Even if there isn't one remotely off of the freeway, we will FIND one, bygolly!!!!!
And even though the food is really tasty (I happen to like a lil' greasy sometimes) I don't know if I love Waffle House so much just because it's become a tradition since I was a kid or if the food really is THAT good.
But if you go you must wear the Waffle House hat & if they don't greet you with a huge 'HOWDY' or 'HI YA'LL' then you greet them!! It's fun.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:10 PM

13,483 posts, read 29,425,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingatwork View Post
New England does not have Waffle House. We have cracker barrell. My mom loves Cracker Barrell. I prefer Waffle House. Oh I'm so looking foward to my next visit to VA. Gonna get me some waffles!
I wouldn't even consider Waffle House and Cracker Barrell to be in the same category. Cracker Barrell is formal dining compared to Waffle House.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:14 PM

19,922 posts, read 9,805,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by collected_eve View Post
Waffle House is a must on any vacation that the fam & I take! Even if there isn't one remotely off of the freeway, we will FIND one.
I agree. When we travel, we look to see if there is a Waffle House in the area. It took years to get me into one, but my youngest son insisted that I try it as his guest. He made me a Waffle House fan.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I wouldn't even consider Waffle House and Cracker Barrell to be in the same category. Cracker Barrell is formal dining compared to Waffle House.
my mom's fine dinin'. I suggested she and my dad stop at a Waffle House on their way back from FL but she said Oh NO we only go to Cracker Barrel. Well ya don't know what ya missing!

Old 02-29-2008, 01:08 PM

2,937 posts, read 2,909,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingatwork View Post
my mom's fine dinin'. I suggested she and my dad stop at a Waffle House on their way back from FL but she said Oh NO we only go to Cracker Barrel. Well ya don't know what ya missing!

I like both Cracker Barrel and Waffle House. Good eats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink