U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 07:14 AM

4,730 posts, read 17,498,457 times

Advertisements

Original Pancake House is the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 01:03 AM

1,580 posts, read 4,127,697 times
When I was in Florida I had Waffle House twice in a week. The bacon & hashbrowns were good, as were the chocolate chip waffles. Greasy but that's to be expected in a diner place. It was a particularly dingy location though. The word "amazing" didn't exactly come up when I was observing the decor or atmosphere. Cracker Barrel is a different league though- better quality & atmosphere & more menu offerings anyway. Both chains of which are not here in the Pacific NW.
Never been to Bojangles. But it's hard to beat Church's in my opinion.

Old 03-30-2008, 05:29 AM

6,715 posts, read 12,039,798 times
Jeff Foxworthy kind of says it all for me as regards Waffle House.

My cousin Earl was having a rough year. He got fired from his job at the Waffle House due to his appearance...

Old 04-02-2008, 09:32 AM

30 posts, read 91,572 times
Not a big fan of Waffle House esp if there is an IHOP nearby. Im in the Bojangles mecca of NC and to be honest tha chicken is OK but itz all about the biscuits, which they serve ALL DAY. Oh and of course the SWEET TEA. LOL. Tea comes free with just about everything but you will have to pay for any other beverage

Old 04-02-2008, 10:18 AM

4,730 posts, read 17,498,457 times
Bo biscuits are the best at Bojangles.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:14 PM

1,178 posts, read 3,374,449 times
Both are good, but my preference is Waffle House. Throughout Georgia, you're apt to find a Waffle House off most interstate exits.

Waffle House is a diner which is best known for their breakfasts. Their waffles are awesome.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:34 PM

4,834 posts, read 5,441,393 times
I have yet to find a Waffle House within 50 miles of where I live that was clean or where the food was prepared well so we never eat there. As for Bojangles, well, it's greasy but tasty if you are on the road and are very hungry. Fast food isn't our thing as it is all loaded with grease and calories...just what we need for a longer, healthier life. As an alternate i would stop at IHOP and definitely Cracker Barrel.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:55 PM

110 posts, read 380,057 times
I read an article on the plane once about Jamie Lee Presley and she was raving about the Bojangles she visits back home. When I finally tried it, I wasn't all that impressed. I guess I'm just more used to Popeyes and KFC. I've never made it to Waffle House since it's located right next to the Cracker Barrel here and I usually just end up in there instead. I don't know that I would make a detour for either, I'd just try them if I happened to be in the vicinity of one someday.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:49 PM

2,017 posts, read 4,697,156 times
Waffle house is not worth a detour. I've eaten in about 8 different ones and they are always dirty and the food is greasy and not worth the price. I never knew Scrambled eggs could be so awful and I like my bacon hot and the butter melted on hot toast. Most times the food is cold, which says alot considering the booth is the back side of the open kitchen. I would not waste the time or gas for a waffle house or a Shoney's.
Pam

Old 04-07-2008, 04:31 AM

1,178 posts, read 3,374,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Waffle house is not worth a detour. I've eaten in about 8 different ones and they are always dirty and the food is greasy and not worth the price. I never knew Scrambled eggs could be so awful and I like my bacon hot and the butter melted on hot toast. Most times the food is cold, which says alot considering the booth is the back side of the open kitchen. I would not waste the time or gas for a waffle house or a Shoney's.
Pam
Oh come on. Waffle House is great. I've never been to a Waffle House where the food is cold. Most are clean.

In what area are you going to dirty Waffle Houses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink