Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 03:35 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,537,463 times

Advertisements

Scallops and shrimp grilled with fresh garlic and butter, served over cheese/spinach tortellinis.

Homemade cheese sauce to go over the tortellinis (cream cheese, shredded parmesan, heavy cream)

A can of lobster pieces and a can of crab pieces, done in the oven with butter, crushed garlic cloves and cheddar cheese.

Oh, and maybe a salad to counter-act all the cholesterol and fat in the main meal Ha!

Wine! Oh yes, don't forget the wine!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 05:27 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Boudin is sausage with rice cooked inside it
no rice in the blood sausage (boudin) up here,,,,its French Canadian fare.. made from pig blood..

like ployes ,, creton,,, and tortierre pies ....,its regional...

I use to work with guys that would eat a lot this stuff......and pickled tripe..

from this thread I think I will make a special flavor sausage this new years eve... part beef, pork and lamb,,,,,with my fav sausage spices

Old 12-29-2016, 05:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
With Christmas behind us it is time to focus on New Years. What are your food and drink plans for New Years?
Well we had contemplated having an early cocktail party on NYs eve but being avid football fans have decided to spend the evening alone, just the two of us, watching TV. Now I guess that shows our age. I am steaming crab legs and making a big ceasar salad. That with a few drinks will be NY eve. NYs day our daughter and hubby will join us for traditional Ham, greens and beans. No, not black eyes peas, we don't like them, so we have pinto beans instead. Nys morning will be lox and bagels, as usual, every Nyears for God only knows how many years

Old 12-30-2016, 01:55 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,450,103 times
New Year's Eve we'll be doing very heavy apps. Heavy, in that there will be a LOT of them. Shrimp cocktail, gazpacho shooters, cocktail wieners in the obligatory chili/grape jelly sauce, Hanky Pankys, mini quiches, mini mushroom, onion and cream cheese turnovers, chili/cheese dip (can of chili and Velveeta), hot spinach and artichoke dip, spinach dip in a bread bowl with Royal Hawaiian bread, and hot parmesan toasts. So far, I think that's all.

Husband always has beer, I have Cold Duck (oh quit laughing at me!) My friends will bring their own bottles as usual, so we'll have everything from good scotch to Patron, Jagermeister to Fireball, and someone told me they'll need the punch bowl when they get here - so not quite sure what will be in it. Someone else asked me if I had martini glasses, I said something along the lines of "have you lost your mind?", but if Solo sells 'em in plastic, I'll get some. Otherwise, they can bring their own.

New Years Day, everybody better be gone (I've had my fill of the holidays and "togetherness" by this time - I usually start getting cranky about 11:00 New Year's Eve when I start wishing everyone would JUST GO HOME!) and husband and I will have steaks on the grill, he got lobster tails but I don't want one so he'll have one with his steak and freeze the other, sherried mushrooms, roasted asparagus with garlic, lemon and parmesan, baked potatoes on the grill, and I'll make him the stuffed crescent rolls he likes so much, and the dog will get his own steak (a small filet).

Human dessert is chocolate cake with white buttercream frosting, and dog desert is 2 Nutter Butter cookies. He loves those things to distraction.

I will probably be in bed by 8:00. This is a good thing.

Old 12-30-2016, 04:28 PM

32,922 posts, read 36,316,341 times
I'm watching football and will eat something. I have priorities.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I'm watching football and will eat something. I have priorities.
keep rooting for them patriots

Old 12-30-2016, 08:23 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,978,388 times
Thinking of ordering some fancy schmancy pizza up the street...making, some kind of pasta, deviled eggs, stuffed mushrooms, Latkes,
Greman chocolate cake.
Then catching the Hawks vs Spurs game in Phillips Arena.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:33 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
Brown sugar glazed ham, fried cabbage (or coleslaw), fresh black eyed peas cooked up with a little smoked sausage, onion, and celery, pickled radish salad, and corn bread.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:19 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Quiet evening at home, I have a stiff neck and both DH and I are getting over bad colds. Making shrimp with cocktail sauce, spinach dip with crackers, maybe some onion dip and chips, honey bbq boneless wings in the oven.

Old 12-31-2016, 08:32 AM

Happy New Year's to all

may 2017 find you healthy , wealthy and wise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink