Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 03:41 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,763,878 times

Advertisements

I love the smell AND the taste, but it must be dark roasted and relatively strong! I hate weak coffee. I will drink it black, or with a tablespoon of heavy whipping cream, or blended with coconut oil. That is like a latte. I drink 1 with cream or coconut oil at home, and then 1 black cup at work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 06:35 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Anyone else feel the same way?
Yup. Can't stand the way a cup of coffee tastes. I do looooooove coffee ice cream though....figure that one out! I've tried numerous cups of coffee.....tons of milk, cream, 10 pounds of sugar, nothing helps.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:38 PM

3,071 posts, read 1,994,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Yup. Can't stand the way a cup of coffee tastes. I do looooooove coffee ice cream though....figure that one out! I've tried numerous cups of coffee.....tons of milk, cream, 10 pounds of sugar, nothing helps.
Do those of you who dislike coffee drink tea, by any chance, since many types of tea normally have a more subtle flavor?

Old 01-13-2017, 06:41 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,211,652 times
Default Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Anyone else feel the same way?
Might be genetic. Do you like the smell of gasoline?

Old 01-13-2017, 06:41 PM

3,972 posts, read 4,252,063 times
I love the smell of coffee, and detest the taste of it! My husband has tried brewing all kinds of excellent coffees and my reaction is always the same: Ew. He finally gave up.

I remember even as a child loving the smell of coffee and would ask my Mom for a sip. When she gave it to me, I would always say: Ew.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
Count me in this group! People look at me like I have a 3rd eye when I tell them I love the smell of coffee but don't drink it. Is it that uncommon?

No amount of creamer, sugar or flavorings will make it palatable for me. I've tried everything.
Some people act positively SHOCKED when I tell them I hate coffee, as if I were an alien from another planet.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
ME! ME! MEMEMEMEMEME!

I used to make my dad's coffee when I was a kid, like 5 or 6. 1/3 sugar, then 2/3 full with cream, then the (super strong, percolated) coffee.

To this day I associate the smell of coffee, and the smell of sawdust, with my dad.

I can't abide the actual taste, though. I once had a cup of tea made from water from a Mr. Coffee that had had coffee run through it. I could tell immediately. Mocha flavoring tea does not improve it.
Oh, I had forgotten about that! Where I worked in my early 20s, the only way to get hot water for tea was to run it through Mr. Coffee. My WORD, that tea tasted horrible. I finally stopped trying.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:01 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
Do those of you who dislike coffee drink tea, by any chance, since many types of tea normally have a more subtle flavor?
I'm a big tea drinker. Ever since I sampled a ginger-peach blend at Teavana, I got spoiled and only drink tea made from loose tea leaves LOL!

Old 01-13-2017, 07:45 PM

3,071 posts, read 1,994,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I'm a big tea drinker. Ever since I sampled a ginger-peach blend at Teavana, I got spoiled and only drink tea made from loose tea leaves LOL!
I'm Irish, so loose tea was the only tea in my family. When I cleaned out my mum's house before I sold it, she must have had 10 tea strainers in 5 different styles.

I do like the mild flavored teas... LOVE peach... but, to soak in water in order to lightly flavor it. It's also a bonus, as many of those lightly flavored teas are decaf, so I'm not drinking caffeine all day.

For a good cuppa hot tea, it's Irish or PG Tips or Builder's tea (English teas) & I like them as strong as espresso. You can find the latter 2 in Big Lots of World Mkt, if either of them are near you. They're far cheaper in BLots or the dollar stores, if you'd like to give them a try. Hearty flavor though.

I like it all. Espresso / ristretto are my favorites, but if only Dunkin' Donuts is available, I won't complain & will have a cup with cream & sugar... it tastes like a glazed donut to me, so it's nice for a treat once in awhile. I'm glad we have so many choices.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:57 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
Nope. Can't stand tea either.....hot tea, iced tea, sweet tea.....all gross in my world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink