Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 07:39 PM

41 posts, read 96,390 times

Advertisements

Hey,

Where is this all leading?

More flavor,sweeter,more reJUVENating,.and a little more Moxie.
I suppose that they will soon offer natural caramel coloring and an exciting new feature,carbonation.
There's already a drink called Cocaine,perhaps they will shorten the name to make it more hip.
Ethanol comes from corn sugar,an extreme green sweetener!
"Let's add that!"

Pretty soon these people will realize that all they wanted was a Pepsi.

Your Uncle Scroatie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 08:07 PM

41 posts, read 96,390 times
Default "POP" culture

hey,

PS!

Have you seen that "Thriller" flavored water commercial with the CGI lizards?

I don't understand the lizard/Goddess connection,but,that's my new dreamgirl dancing,reboot...
Bang head against wall...lol
SHE'S AWESOME!
Howroooo!!!
I wanna do a two headed spider impression with her!
Make some Comanche puppies...lol

Your Uncle Scroatie

Old 03-01-2008, 08:50 PM

667 posts, read 2,300,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by comanchewarrior View Post
There's already a drink called Cocaine,perhaps they will shorten the name to make it more hip.
What could possibly be more appealing than legal Cocaine??!!
I personally think it's sad that with all the Meth & coc problems growing around the world businesses think it's OK to market more speed. That's just my opinion, though.
But that's what people are into, so what can yah do?

Old 12-31-2009, 03:02 PM

267 posts, read 1,361,190 times
Default Whats the big deal with those energy drinks?

Our local school system not that long ago had made a big deal about banning sodas like Coke & Pepsi however the ban did NOT include such energy drinks like Rockstar and Red Bull. Actually I heard of many other school districts who have done the same. NO to Pepsi/Coke but its OK for Red Bull. Why? Because the kids like them too much in order to actually ban them? Are energy drinks actually better for you than soda pop? I dunno..I get the idea that by saying those energy drinks are better for you is kinda like saying cigars are "better for one's health" than cigarettes.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:40 PM

3 posts, read 5,984 times
Default Anyone addicted to energy drinks?

I am trying to figure out if anyone else (especially in the L.A. area) is literally addicted to energy drinks is like I think I am. I started having a red bull every in a while for a boost if I have a late night, but now I think I crave it. I have tried every kind of energy drink out there as long as it promises increased energy. I don't drink anything else. Obviously, I'm having trouble sleeping so then what do I do - grab a red bull or 2 in the morning. I think part of it is because of the pace of LA, but I am so usually healthy like everyone else in LA.

Anyone else out there obsessed with energy drinks? Which are your favorite? I like sugar free red bull and rock star as a back up.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:49 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation:

YouTube - Coffee Guy Stan McNer (the Java Man)

(Seriously, though - how many energy drinks do you typically consume in one day?)

Old 03-22-2010, 06:03 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
I saw a rack of those in the convenience store the other day, little 2 or 3 ounce containers for 2.79 each. That's very close to my overall food budget per day.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:20 PM

355 posts, read 911,849 times
I drink an average of 3 or 4 of the 16 oz (largest size made) red bull energy drinks per day. That is equal to 6 or 8 of the commonly sold sizes. I drink no other form of energy drink. I dont gain energy from them I like the taste but have a feeling it is starting to hurt my overall health.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:24 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
First one I tried tasted like kerosene so no danger of me getting addicted.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:12 AM

14,108 posts, read 2,774,068 times
I really like the coffee flavored energy drinks. The weird green colored ones they taste like medicine my Grandmother would give us when we were real sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink