U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2008, 03:57 PM

34 posts, read 288,078 times

Advertisements

Hello all!
It has been a while since I've been on here, but I have a strange question and have searched all over the internet with no answers so I was thinking somebody reading this might know?

A friend of mine was at a soda machine at a mall a few years ago and pushed the mountain dew button, but instead, out popped a can of cheetos. It is identical to a soda can, is mostly white with red letters and the cheetah on the front (chester or chestah? is his name I believe?) He's never opened it, and the expiration date on the bottom says March 1995. I was just wondering if anybody might know anything about these?

I've searched the net trying to find something about them, but am turning up nothing. He said he called the 1-800 number on the can, but even the lady who answered didn't know anything about them. She said the only thing she could think of was it might have been intended for a promo, but the cans were not actually supposed to go out to consumers because the patent didn't get approved. The can does say "patent pending" on it. SO, I was just curious to see if anybody had any information or knows what I'm talking about? I thought it might be worth money to a collector since there doesn't seem to be too many around. Any help you guys have would be great, thanks so much!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 04:10 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,984,028 times
Is your friend trying to sell the can on Ioffer?

That was the only reference I could find anywhere on the net.

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 03-02-2008 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: gah! didn't see the message board attached to that site! I'll DM the link to you. :)

Old 03-02-2008, 04:23 PM

34 posts, read 288,078 times
No, what is Ioffer? I just think it's strange there's no info on it. It's a neat looking can, and it's funny because he said he was so thirsty and was mad when a can of cheetos popped out

It's not really a big deal, I'm just one of those people who obsesses over things when I can't find a simple answer that I'm looking for

Old 03-02-2008, 05:04 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,984,028 times
I'm sorry, I sent you a DM to the ioffer site where someone is selling one of those cans. (ioffer is similar to ebay)

Old 03-02-2008, 10:09 PM

2,073 posts, read 4,850,292 times
What kind of mall was this? I can't imagine a vending machine with something from 13 years ago still in it! That's very strange, they should have called the number on the vending machine - I think they have records of what goes in and what goes out because there is a serial #.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink