U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 12:38 PM

3,927 posts, read 7,725,151 times

Advertisements

My husband wishes to thank each of you for contributing to this thread. He has enjoyed himself immensely since it's conception.

I've gotten out of my 'cooking idea block' and now allowing all these ideas to flow and have come up with some neat quick fix dinners that he actually enjoys. Thank goodness!

you guys are the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 01:37 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,286,927 times
This is one of my fav's

Store bought chicken patties (I like Redi-Serve)
Hamburger rolls (I like martins potato rolls)
Egg noodles
Chicken Gravy
Veggie

I like mine open faced so I only used the top part of the bun! Fast and easy!

Old 03-06-2008, 01:38 PM

13,490 posts, read 29,434,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I tried the shrimp scampi and linguine and the spinach and ricotta cheese ravioli.
Oh yes, the Bertolli bagged meals are very good! I like the kind that has the cherry tomatoes in it. It's a little pricey compared to others, but worth it.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:53 PM

10,543 posts, read 11,680,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Oh yes, the Bertolli bagged meals are very good! I like the kind that has the cherry tomatoes in it. It's a little pricey compared to others, but worth it.
I agree. I would serve them to guests.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:57 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,286,927 times
thanks for the tips....I'll definately have to try that!

Old 03-06-2008, 03:19 PM

3,927 posts, read 7,725,151 times
Wow...I know what I am fixing for this weekend. We just went under a winter weather advisory for tomorrow night and Saturday. Sigh...up to 2 inches snow accumulations expected.

SO, Beef Stew it is with a nice hot pan of fresh baked corn bread....how yummy.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:35 PM

2,489 posts, read 6,449,698 times
My easy meals are hot turkey sandwiches on french bread, sloppy joes, kraft mac and cheese, and chicken breasts baked in italian dressing.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:44 PM

2,970 posts, read 6,150,620 times
Oh, I haven't had a sloppy joe in FOREVER! Have to keep that in mind for next week....

A blast from the past, that I had as a kid growing up, is tuna roll-ups. Follow the bisquick recipe for making biscuits, but roll it into a rectangle. Spread a can of tuna mixed with mayo over the dough. Roll up and slice. Place flat side on a baking sheet and bake according to the directions on the box.

Heat up some cream of mushroom soup meanwhile and pour over the roll-ups when they come out of the oven.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:31 PM

10,713 posts, read 19,047,945 times
nic529 - I'm w/you - the only potato rolls I buy are Martins...YUMMY.

A thing I "make" when I'm pooped - Kraft Mac 'n Cheese w/Tuna stirred in.

I am not a big "lunchmeat" person but I'll buy from the deli cooked ham, get it "shaved" if possible or just REALLY thin (called chipped ham in Western Pa.) - dump it in a pot w/BBQ sauce and make sandwiches.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:45 PM

14,874 posts, read 36,242,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
My easy meals are hot turkey sandwiches on french bread, sloppy joes, kraft mac and cheese, and chicken breasts baked in italian dressing.
I was thinking about those the other day. Another quick meal would of course be Frito Pie. All you need is some chili, Frito's and grated cheese. On a cold night that would be good.

Turkey Roll-Ups - Flour Tortillas, Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese spread on them, sprinkle some grated cheese on, some small diced onions if you prefer and then layer some turkey and rollup. YUMMY! And these make GREAT traveling snacks for long car trips. Just wrap them in some foil or saran wrap, put in a ziploc and into the ice chest. For appetizers you make them then slice them into bite sized pieces.

We also do wraps w/ flour tortillas, lettuce, any meat from chicken strips to deli turkey or ham, bacon if you wish, shredded cheese, pickle slices (dh HAS to have pickle slices on ANYTHING that remotely resembles a sandwich INCLUDING grilled cheese, yuck), and some ranch dressing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink