Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 03:24 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,816,871 times

Advertisements

Creamed spinach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 03:25 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
Brains and eggs. The horror!!!

Old 04-17-2017, 03:26 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,811 times
Carbonated beverages
Squid or any similar type of seafood. It felt like I was chewing on a wet rubber band. Atrocious!!
Lobster is truly overrated, but I can't say I hate it. But I'm down with all types of fish and crabs.
Donuts with jelly or custard inside. Chocolate and glaze covered are good though.

Old 04-17-2017, 04:27 PM

14,304 posts, read 11,697,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
winter tomatoes (I think most people who hate tomatoes have only eaten winter tomatoes; they're impossible to avoid most of the year.)
Oh, so many people have told me this. "You just hate grocery store tomatoes; you have to try my delicious homegrown tomatoes and you will love them!" And they give me a few beautiful tomatoes from their backyard, and I have to admit, they are beautiful.

But when I try them, they are still just raw tomatoes, and to heck with them.

Old 04-17-2017, 04:52 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Oh, so many people have told me this. "You just hate grocery store tomatoes; you have to try my delicious homegrown tomatoes and you will love them!" And they give me a few beautiful tomatoes from their backyard, and I have to admit, they are beautiful.

But when I try them, they are still just raw tomatoes, and to heck with them.
lol...thanks for the chuckle,,

yep ive been there many times,,

fresh from the garden - you cant beat it,,,nothing like the tasteless store bought,,,,,, they are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!

and they weren't so amazing...

and yes ive had some stuff that was good- now in full disclosure I'm not a veggie person...

I find it ironic the same folks that see a youtube video that shrimp and tilapia are consuming pig poop in china and Indonesia..... and refuse to even try it ..... don't even blink when their "farm-fresh" veggies are grown in cow poop or horse poop... fecal matter, e-coli all over the place(especially when it rains)
somehow the smell of cow manure ensures the veggies are fresher.....

Old 04-17-2017, 04:56 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,603,681 times
Beets.

Coconut. (I have a hard time even spelling it )

Oyster stew. Gah! What a miserable memory from childhood. Tried it again a few years ago to see what my adult self thinks, and - Gah!

Old 04-17-2017, 05:00 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
Diet cokes (or sodas or dranks for the rest of you)
Buttermilk. (my dad would drink it straight or crumble up cornbread in it. ick.)
Chitlins/Chitterlings. NO.
Souse meat.
Cauliflower. I can now handle broccoli, zucchini, squash, okra, Brussel sprouts, eggplant even without them being deep fried or covered in cheese, but cauliflower is still a no go unless heavily covered and smothered in unhealthiness.

Old 04-17-2017, 05:06 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,186,208 times
Raw tomatoes have make me gag since I was a child. I accidentally picked one and popped it into my mouth thinking it was a strawberry, I was very wrong.

Oddly enough cooked tomatoes are fine, tomato sauce/paste/ etc. I have also grown to love most salsas, if it has too much raw tomato I won't eat it, but a lot of salsas are fine and I will eat it with gusto.

I also have a bad association with scalloped potatoes, they make me ill.

I do not like peas, but I do choke them down for the sake of showing the kids that I am eating my veggies, but once the kids move out I am done with peas forever!

Old 04-17-2017, 05:07 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
I'm fine with pate, liver wurst, things made with chicken liver. Pan seared calves liver has always been on my "absolutely not" list.

Mostly, I just dislike low quality food. Nasty nitrogen-ripened tomatoes was covered. In the winter, I tend to buy grape tomatoes because they actually taste like something. Fresh Lima beans are great. Frozen or canned are awful. I like green beans but trailer trash green bean casserole made with frozen green beans and Campbell cream of mushroom soup is vile. Ditto creamed onions, that other nasty trailer trash Thanksgiving side dish.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:40 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Diet cokes (or sodas or dranks for the rest of you)
Buttermilk. (my dad would drink it straight or crumble up cornbread in it. ick.)
Chitlins/Chitterlings. NO.
Souse meat.
Cauliflower. I can now handle broccoli, zucchini, squash, okra, Brussel sprouts, eggplant even without them being deep fried or covered in cheese, but cauliflower is still a no go unless heavily covered and smothered in unhealthiness.
Yes diet sodas suck. I especially hate hose diet cokes that came in gold cans, don't see them around any longer. If I don't want to drink soda, I'll drink water or something else. Soda is only good for its taste, so what's the point of drinking diet sodas? I can understand for someone who wants to cut back on sugar and lose weight, but really it's all acidic drink anyways do they are really not healthy at all.

I hate all types of butter, don't like mayo for most part except with something like the McChicken sandwich at McDonald's.
Prefer low fat milk because I don't like whole fat.

Banana or lemon flavored desserts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink