Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 07:54 PM

22,638 posts, read 6,389,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Yes diet sodas suck. I especially hate hose diet cokes that came in gold cans, don't see them around any longer. If I don't want to drink soda, I'll drink water or something else. Soda is only good for its taste, so what's the point of drinking diet sodas? I can understand for someone who wants to cut back on sugar and lose weight, but really it's all acidic drink anyways do they are really not healthy at all.

Banana or lemon flavored desserts.
I agree with this ^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 07:55 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,580,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Some of these lists leave me wondering - WTH do you eat? lol

The only food I really do not like and never eat is parsnips. ...snipped....Fortunately, that's not a vegetable served often in my circle so not a problem.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldmist View Post
...snipped...

I used to hate anything with cheese, sour cream, or tomato sauce as a kid. Now I like them. I also used to hate anything with chocolate. I like it in moderation, now, especially if there’s a savory component to it as well, or if it’s not too sweet. ...snipped... Mushrooms I used to think were the devil; Now I like them.

It might sound like I’m being picky, but I actually love all sorts of cuisines, spices, flavors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
...snipped...
Squid or any similar type of seafood. It felt like I was chewing on a wet rubber band. Atrocious!!
...snipped....
Donuts with jelly or custard inside. I have a hard time with this, as well.
I am blessed in that I was a somewhat picky eater as a child but will eat most anything now and truly love food. So for me, it's all good......(love liver and onions, souse, lima beans, greens of any kind..........)lol

I have known several people with the "texture" issue. I believe that is true for some.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:10 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,149,198 times
Cow Tongue. Rabbit meat.

Both were offered to me before I was 10 - but the experience was so traumatic I have never tried them again and never will.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:07 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,034,783 times
I'll eat anything because I don't eat for recreation, just when I'm hungry.

The half developed eggs they eat in the Philippines is a bit much though.

Old 04-17-2017, 10:40 PM

61 posts, read 74,437 times
Canned asparagus made me immediately regurgitate as a child. Today, I can only eat asparagus young shoots if they are fresh cut and steamed for a few minutes so it doesn't get mushy or slimey.

Old 04-18-2017, 12:49 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,273,112 times
Cake doughnuts.

Old 04-18-2017, 02:20 AM

23,877 posts, read 32,152,257 times
I never liked - raw clams on the half shell or raw oysters - and I still do not like them.

Old 04-18-2017, 06:26 AM

129 posts, read 109,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I have known several people with the "texture" issue. I believe that is true for some.
True. I'm not a fan of anything with a custard like feel. If there is something crunchy mixed into it or there's a pie crust with it, it's tolerable, but just, like, pudding by itself, no.

Old 04-18-2017, 06:26 AM

744 posts, read 475,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelfer View Post
What's the biggest offender from your childhood to now?

Raw onion. It will literally make me throw up.
If it is served to me at a dinner or someone's house I will eat it, but I do not buy cauliflower, asparagus or broccoli. If it is served to me, I really hope it has some type of sauce on it. Simply steamed broccoli normally makes me gag to this day.

Bad memories of childhood regarding those veggies.

Old 04-18-2017, 06:29 AM

2,733 posts, read 1,538,350 times
Default Me, Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelfer View Post
What's the biggest offender from your childhood to now?

Raw onion. It will literally make me throw up.
Raw onion makes me throw up too, Xelfer. It always has. I haven't known anyone that has a reaction to raw onion like I do. Now I know of you.

My family and friends think it is so strange to have a reaction like this to raw onion as they all like raw onions on hamburgers, with catfish, on chili dogs, etc. To be honest, I can't even stand their breath after they eat raw onions. It makes me gag!

We were eating out at a restaurant once, and I ordered a taco salad. I specifically told the waiter, "No onions or tomatoes on my salad." I made sure he wrote it down. (I can't stand raw tomatoes either, but they don't make me throw up.) Yep, you guessed it. I got a bite of my salad with raw onions in it. They must have gotten in the lettuce some way while the salad was being prepared back in the kitchen, as the salad didn't have raw onions all through it. I was thankful I had asked for extra napkins as I started throwing up while running to the restroom. Needless to say, I didn't finish the salad and wasn't charged for it. I won't return to that establishment again. The salad wasn't that great anyway.

Edit to Add: Brussels sprouts. Can't eat those either. Yuck!

Last edited by educator1953; 04-18-2017 at 06:37 AM.. Reason: Added a food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink