U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2010, 06:58 PM

34,594 posts, read 42,755,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ123 View Post
Here is the recipe for Pineapple cheese ball

1 8oz cream cheese block
1 small box instant french vanilla pudding
1 small can pineapple tidbits drained

I mix/squish it all up with my hands and shape in a ball the roll it in a plate of chopped pecans.

Sorry it took my so long to post this but I was just checking this thread to get some final menu plans today.
Oh yum, I'm SO making that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 07:55 PM

1,014 posts, read 3,026,891 times
Ham with a brown sugar and mustard sauce; scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole( neither my husband and I like asparagus all that well and I am allergic to green peas-the traditional spring veggies); cole slaw ; deviled eggs, dinner rolls and some kind of dessert ( our guests are making that) . For drinks we plan to have soda pop, beer and white Russians. We do have a little wine for anyone who wants it.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:22 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,404,910 times
Probably having the traditional spiral sliced ham with brown sugar/mustard glaze, rutabega , potatoes au gratin, dinner rolls, broccoli/cauliflower, and maybe some deviled eggs or potato salad. And lots of chocolate bunnies...and not the cheap hollowed out kind lol.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:29 PM

9,362 posts, read 22,345,942 times
Default Inexpensive Easter Meal

Can't afford the over-the-top Easter meal this year and it is only me and two kids. I was thinking about a special Easter Breakfast. But no limits-

Let's have your menu for a modest Easter Meal.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:40 PM

3,131 posts, read 10,273,688 times
If you are into the traditional ham for easter, check out the hams at aldi. also, jewel is running a great coupon. for your small dinner, you could do ham, au gratin potatoes, salad, jello. You should be able to get a ham less than $10 at aldi. a box of au gratin pototoes is 89 cents. aldi has the bags of salad on sale for only 49 cents this week. jello is less than a buck. the mini carrots are only 49 cents too. plus, you will have some leftovers! you can always pick up a dozen eggs and cut up the leftover ham into mini chunks and scramble it together!

Old 04-01-2010, 05:05 AM

28,227 posts, read 19,218,043 times
We get 1/4 spiral ham for just 2 of us and very inexpensive and a few meals-plus soup.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:19 AM

I don't know if your kids would like this, but mine used to like creamed eggs. Have the kids color the Easter eggs the day before. Then on Sunday, use them to make creamed eggs on English muffins or biscuits. Buy an inexpensive ham slice to serve with it (you can cube it and put it into the creamed eggs or serve it on the side), and also some pineapple chunks or other fruit.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:04 AM

2,870 posts, read 4,460,785 times
Assuming you have the basic eggs, milk and spices, then stuffed french toast would be nice. A loaf of french bread you can slice thick for a pocket, cream cheese and a bag of frozen berries is all you'll need. Mix the cheese with some berries, warm the rest of the berries for a sauce. A simple sweetened and spiced milk and egg custard for the toast. Dust with powdered sugar. That's around $5-6. You can also do Eggs Benedict. Tell them it's the original egg McMuffin. There are make-ahead blender recipes for the Hollandaise sauce using common ingredients; you buy some Canadian bacon or a ham slice, divided; and a package of English muffins. You can google a poaching method in the microwave, in a glass of water, for the poached eggs. Asparagus on the side would be nice, and asparagus microwaves nicely too. Navel oranges are not too expensive for fresh squeezed juice.

I'd calculate all at around $20.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:15 AM

4,574 posts, read 4,868,168 times
Beef Tenderloin (medium rare)
Mashed Potatoes w/pan gravy
corn on the cob (only veggie oldest grandson will eat)
fresh green beans blanched then sauted in EVOO and garlic
cresent rolls
pie (not sure what kind)
wine
milk for the kiddos

Old 04-01-2010, 10:20 AM

I switched from ham to prime rib, due to an irresistable sale, so then I had to readjust from the ham menu I had.
Roast beef
Yorkshire pudding
cheese hashbrown casserole
asparagus gruyere tart
gingerale salad
baby carrots
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink