Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 07:25 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,796,568 times

Advertisements

Are there any foods that you would only eat at certain times of the day? Or in other words, do your meals differ between breakfast, lunch, dinner?

Is this based on habit, or is there some kind of health/nutritional reason for it?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2017, 07:43 AM

16,371 posts, read 12,363,118 times
My meals pretty much differ between breakfast, lunch and dinner, mostly out of habit. But I can't think of any foods that I would only eat at certain times of the day. I've been known to do "breakfast for dinner" now and then. Or to have leftover pizza or lasagna for breakfast.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:46 AM

I've heard that pizza can be a good breakfast choice. Personally I would prefer not to eat pizza in the evening, even though it seems like that is when most people do.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:54 AM

Another thing I never understood was people eating sweets for breakfast, such as pancakes. I've always preferred to eat those things later in the day.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:09 AM

2,894 posts, read 2,436,808 times
I eat what I have a taste for. My taste buds can't tell time, so I usually defer to them. They've led me in some very strange places, admittedly.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:14 AM

61,386 posts, read 86,312,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Another thing I never understood was people eating sweets for breakfast, such as pancakes. I've always preferred to eat those things later in the day.
^^^^ This! I would never eat just sweets for breakfast too! It will make me feet sick all day.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:19 AM

3,192 posts, read 2,456,934 times
I could never understand coffee and a Danish for breakfast. I usually have oatmeal with blueberries or two poached eggs on toast. However, I have been known to eat cereal for dinner if I am lazy or too tired to fix a dinner type meal. Or, a sandwich and soup which is a lunch menu to me.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:35 AM

14,226 posts, read 11,526,840 times
I eat different things for different meals, yes. No particular reason except that I tend to be a creature of habit, and usually have a similar breakfast and lunch every day. Dinner is more varied. I wouldn't have my breakfast foods for dinner because I've already eaten them once that day.

Old 05-05-2017, 10:12 AM

939 posts, read 783,035 times
Don't know if the old adage applies here, but;

"Eat like a king in the morning, a prince in the afternoon, and a pauper in the evening".

It's kind of hard not to eat big meals at night when you're dating though.

Regarding breakfast, I recently heard a report that protein should be eaten within the first hour after you're out of bed.

I try not to eat sweet breakfasts anymore...pancakes, waffles.
Twenty or so years ago I occasionally had ice cream sodas for my Saturday morning breakfast, and no, I wasn't buzzed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
My meals pretty much differ between breakfast, lunch and dinner, mostly out of habit. But I can't think of any foods that I would only eat at certain times of the day. I've been known to do "breakfast for dinner" now and then. Or to have leftover pizza or lasagna for breakfast.
Breakfast for dinner is cool, though I haven't done it in a while (sigh).

When I was working, I made big batches of several items and froze them. Add those to whatever I made fresh the night before and that's what I pretty much had seven days a week...breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I've heard that pizza can be a good breakfast choice...
I heard that too and lived by that many times.
The more items on it, the better...especially veggies.

I don't know if eating the right foods with each other (food combinations) is in line with this thread, but I do think it can play a part in overall digestive issues and weight.

Old 05-05-2017, 10:44 AM

23,357 posts, read 23,767,632 times
Pancakes, waffles, cereal, oatmeal only in the morning. Cold cut sandwiches only for lunch.
All out of habit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink