Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2017, 04:25 PM

142 posts, read 96,709 times

Advertisements

Yeah I am late in the game. I know coz I searched before I made the thread and most threads about Ninja Coffee Bar are like a year old, LOL.

But, I bought it for a steal and I am so happy. Even though our Keurig is working 1000% okay. And even though I have not have a good sleep last night coz of coffee overkill consumption, I don't care. Can't wait to try that recipe I found today.

And I am not even a coffee drinker. Just saying if you guys need a new coffee machine today is a good time to buy. Almost all of them are priced $99. Then I used 20% off=STEAL! price.

Sam's club has it for $79. And to think my husband said when it was new they were pricing it as high as $300? Wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 08:07 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,764,046 times
Just got mine Thrusday!

So far so good! I'm not used to it yet. I get up early so it was dark and I was half asleep and poked the large cup option and I had a small cup..
The scoop which comes with it is heavy,

DO NOT LEAVE IT IN THE BAG, REPEAT DONOT LEAVE IT IN THE BAG!!

The bag of coffee tipped over and coffee went everywhere including my hair. I keep the coffee up high!!

Otherwise no problems this morning! Glasses on check! Scoop not in bag check!

I haven't tried the iced options yet. So far I love this coffee pot!

Old 05-07-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shh1313 View Post
Just got mine Thrusday!

So far so good! I'm not used to it yet. I get up early so it was dark and I was half asleep and poked the large cup option and I had a small cup..
The scoop which comes with it is heavy,

DO NOT LEAVE IT IN THE BAG, REPEAT DONOT LEAVE IT IN THE BAG!!

I haven't tried the iced options yet. So far I love this coffee pot!
Why? What's the big deal about leaving scoop in the bag? LOL. Yours have a coffee pot? Mine is a single serve one. I've seen unboxing videos of my model and I feel sorry for the those people that got 'robbed' of the mug. It says in the manual it comes with it but well who knows stole their mugs. LOL.

The one with coffee pot I think is like $149. Just happy about this coffee bar. The double shot white russian is amazing.

Old 05-08-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwisita View Post
Why? What's the big deal about leaving scoop in the bag? LOL. Yours have a coffee pot? Mine is a single serve one. I've seen unboxing videos of my model and I feel sorry for the those people that got 'robbed' of the mug. It says in the manual it comes with it but well who knows stole their mugs. LOL.

The one with coffee pot I think is like $149. Just happy about this coffee bar. The double shot white russian is amazing.
The bag of coffee was open and 1/2 a bag, the scoop was to heavy and the bag fell on my head and coffee went everywhere at Double O Dark Thirty!

Old 05-08-2017, 02:25 PM

Mine is a single serve also, with double walled mug. Got it from Amazon for $99.00.

I was going to do iced cappuccino but the weather turned cool.

Here's a tip instead of ice, brew up enough black coffee and freeze in ice cube trays. Use instead of plain ice and your drinks won't be watered down!!

Old 05-08-2017, 02:27 PM

Have you used the frother yet? I think I will use it later for a hot cappuccino.

Old 05-08-2017, 02:31 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,923,867 times
Quote:
Mine is a single serve also, with double walled mug. Got it from Amazon for $99.00.

I was going to do iced cappuccino but the weather turned cool.

Here's a tip instead of ice, brew up enough black coffee and freeze in ice cube trays. Use instead of plain ice and your drinks won't be watered down!!
Ice coffee is made strong to account for the ice melting.

Old 05-08-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Have you used the frother yet? I think I will use it later for a hot cappuccino.
Yap. I read a review that the frother made the milk taste screwy. Glad I didn't have that on mine. Though, I do smell plastic burn when I wash the frother. That's weird that the scoop made the bag fall on you. I don't think it is 'that' heavy.

So far, I have tried, caramel macchiato - the one I always order at starbucks. capuccino - the 3 layered one. My husband even bought us a clear glass so he can see the layers, LOL. He said that's the point of it.

And just now I made myself a mocha ninjacinno - doesn't look like the picture coz I improvised adding heavy cream and kahlua in the recipe still tastes amazing though.

I know about the coffee in ice tray trick I tired it once, never bothered to try again. LOL. And I agree with the other poster, that's the beauty of this coffee bar, you don't have to do it coz it gives the right amount of coffee if you use the right setting.

If you went to your local Bed bath store, and used their 20% coupon, you could have saved $20 more.

Do you know how much they were selling it the first time? Coz they really lowered the price.

Oh by the way, I thought I broke this thing already. It was beeping so I thought it was for the no drip. I corrected it, but it kept beeping and beeping. I was like WTF, then my husband finally found out it's coz the water is empty , oh well.

Old 05-08-2017, 04:15 PM

I did the same thing. Added water and it's fine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink