U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2008, 12:07 PM

2,159 posts, read 3,734,128 times

Advertisements

I know I want sirloin chops for dinner but don't know how to cook them so they are healthy yet flavorful. Any ideas? What do you usually use as a side dish? I am making brown rice for myself, but DH hates rice

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 08:56 AM

4,899 posts, read 16,248,434 times
i guess the healthiesty way to cook anything is to leave it as closely natural as you can. i would put a little salt, pepper, basil and just grill it.
maybe some steamed brocilli on the side

Old 03-12-2008, 09:40 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,563,577 times
When you say "Sirloin Chops" I assume you mean bone- in pork. Right?
Best/ healthiest way?
Grilling.
An alternative of getting a healthy, but good tasting grilled chop...marinate in low fat dressing (italian, raspberry etc) for at least 1/2 hour (the longer- the better).
Preheat grill to medium temp, and put the chops on the grill.
Grilling is the most healthiest way (alongside the George Forman grill), because the existing fat melts and drips away, while still giving it flavor and moisture it needs to stay juicy.
I keep telling my customers NOT to start off with a lean piece of meat, especially for the grilling purpose.
All it does is dry out even more, since it has no fat resource to stay juicy during the cooking process.
Excess fat can be trimmed off, but only AFTER the cooking process. (Or before, if there is a rediculous amount remaining on the meat)
Most meat markets/ companies have the 1/8th of an inch trim rule for surface / outside fat.
Steamed or poached veggies on the side will complement just about any meal, and is the healthiest way to go.
The LESS you handle/ cook the veggies, the less you will destroy any vitamines, minerals, acids.
Hope this will help you of getting some ideas......

Old 03-12-2008, 10:20 AM

2,159 posts, read 3,734,128 times
nope, sorry- they were bone out pork chops.. and they were YUMMY

I ended up just grilling them with salt, pepper and a little lemon pepper.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:25 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,563,577 times
As long as they were yummy....LOL.
I'm happy for you, that they turned out so good.
Nothing worse then a "blah" piece of meat, and turning out tough ontop of it....yuck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink