U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 11:04 PM

4,551 posts, read 1,969,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
Paella is my favorite, but I didn't see it on menu.

I'd go with frajitas--shrimp. Ceviche would be second choice. All of the fish dishes sound excellent. I think they may be the restaurant's specialty.

You can always get a quesadilla in a combination that sounds good to you.
You're thinking of Spain for Paella.

Honestly, the whole menu looks very appetizing. Something for every taste...except for all the misspellings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017, 11:17 PM

4,007 posts, read 3,348,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
You're thinking of Spain for Paella.

Honestly, the whole menu looks very appetizing. Something for every taste...except for all the misspellings.
I suppose it is. My fav Mexican restaurant serves it. And they also make fried ice cream, which is divine.

Old 07-30-2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
I suppose it is. My fav Mexican restaurant serves it. And they also make fried ice cream, which is divine.
Sorry, I've just never seen it (though I would love to) in our Mexican restaurants. I've never had fried ice cream, but I recently had fried goat cheese. It was delicious!

Old 07-31-2017, 03:04 AM

33,013 posts, read 38,636,068 times
Thanks for all the suggestions,very helpful,up till now my only experience with Mexican food has been a Taco Bell i went to about 10 years ago.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:32 AM

10,842 posts, read 40,746,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions,very helpful,up till now my only experience with Mexican food has been a Taco Bell i went to about 10 years ago.
you're in for quite a pleasant surprise then ...

TB ain't Mexican food any more than chow mein or chop suey is Chinese food.

And you're heading to a very upscale Mexican restaurant at that, too.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:42 AM

68,684 posts, read 78,692,932 times
Quote:
Have been invited to a Mexican restaurant for lunch tomorrow but have no clue what to order. any suggestions on what i should order to give me a taste of Mexico? heres the menu =Guaca & Molé Mexican Restaurant - Marché de L'ouest - West-Island

Help i'm lost,
Chili Rellenos (spelling) are my favorite. They are not spicy and are a bit different from most of the Mexican food. Of course born and raised in Los Angeles, lived in Texas and NM to me all Mexican food is one step short of heaven. Or, except tomales. I can live without them. Too often the filling is almost non existent. Sorry jambo, I could bring up the menu so have no idea what is on the menu. Enjoy and report back to us.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Then you are in for a TREAT! LOL. My first foray into Mexican food was also Taco Bell. What were we thinking as college students in NEW MEXICO!? It took me a while to try real Mexican food after that. To this day I really don't like hard tacos as to me it tasted like cardboard at Taco Bell. I do enjoy fish tacos, though. Now, don't know what I'd do without the option of Mexican food, although the calories are a real concern. Moderation is the key. Now, with all the more upscale cuisine available, it's even more exciting. Still, I have to have green chile at least weekly. I have even picked my own and roasted them. Now, I just purchase and have them roasted by someone else. I peel and freeze.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Chili Rellenos (spelling) are my favorite. They are not spicy and are a bit different from most of the Mexican food. Of course born and raised in Los Angeles, lived in Texas and NM to me all Mexican food is one step short of heaven. Or, except tomales. I can live without them. Too often the filling is almost non existent. Sorry jambo, I could bring up the menu so have no idea what is on the menu. Enjoy and report back to us.
Chile rellenos are my favorite also! Tamales made well are fantastic. I only eat the green chile /cheese tamales. So good. Our local natural food coop makes them and their recipe is so rich and buttery tasting. I love that Mexican food is basic, good food. Can't get better than that.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:27 AM

26,816 posts, read 17,234,614 times
I haven't had a good tamale in decades.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum (on loan)

Old 07-31-2017, 12:09 PM

33,013 posts, read 38,636,068 times
Started with a hot pepper soup =
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...psunmnlyja.jpg
Then moved on to the Shrimp in mango salsa =
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...pstubgabxx.jpg

My dinner mate had a three taco plate=
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...psbwftqhvp.jpg
Had Churro and coffee for desert,the whole thing with tip came to $80
a Very satiating meal..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink