Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 05:19 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,461,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
^^ Restaurants go out of style plain and simple, Applebees, like perhaps Joes Crab Shack, was cool in the late 90's into the new millennium but it has overstayed its welcome.

I am 36, I don't consider myself a millenial. There are certain restaurants I have never eaten at because "that's where old people eat," like the Sizzler, Marie Calendars and Red Lobster for example.
Have to smile at that comment about old people: believe it or not, those of us who may seem old to you are not the ones who flock to run of the mill chains like you are referring to. Most of us prefer mom and pop or independently owned place. Those who enjoy the basic chains are those with families and people traveling. When people travel they do often stop by the chains as they know what to expect. It makes sense. And this refers to young as well as old.

I do agree restaurants go out of style. I mentioned that here in an earlier thread. Most of us, much older than you can think of dozens of chains or even style of foods that have come and gone. Just like grocery stores, house styles, clothing trends and most things.

Let me add a couple of other things, 1-old people don't bite nor do they all dribble and some even have teeth. By eating in the same place they do you won't catch any illnesses like old age, it is contagious but takes years to develop and how do you know where they eat if you have never been to one of those restaurants you mentioned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 08:31 AM

531 posts, read 450,086 times
Does Applebee's serve frozen meals from Sysco? I personally have never seen a Sysco truck delivering there, but the one dinner I had seemed to be pre-cooked. Fess up, managers!

Old 08-24-2017, 09:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,461,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Ferris View Post
Does Applebee's serve frozen meals from Sysco? I personally have never seen a Sysco truck delivering there, but the one dinner I had seemed to be pre-cooked. Fess up, managers!
Have no proof either way,but my guess is yes, either e Sysco or one of the other companies that provide pre packaged meals. Most run of the mill, mid priced restaurants do depend on places like Sysco now days.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:27 AM

16,915 posts, read 15,150,623 times
Don't care for IHOP. Leave Denny's open and I'll remain happy.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:21 AM

19,965 posts, read 30,120,296 times
We have an Applebee's. Not that far away
I've gone twice .. it was good not great

I guess I'm a little too frugal to spend
10-12 dollars on a cheeseburger

Old 08-24-2017, 11:31 AM

983 posts, read 1,175,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
We have an Applebee's. Not that far away
I've gone twice .. it was good not great

I guess I'm a little too frugal to spend
10-12 dollars on a cheeseburger
Yea there are Applebee's everywhere here north of Seattle

Have not been in 10-15years. tried them a couple times long long ago and was served over priced instituitionalized tasting cafeteria food and decided that was enough for me.

There are so many other better culinary options when picking somewhere to 'eat out'
Especially at the price point of what Applebees charges ( $11-15 for your avg menu item )

I doubt anything is made fresh there. Very likely all prepackaged processed into portions and when ordered it is slammed together for a frozen packet

I rate them well below Red Robin and TGI Fridays and I do not frequent them either for the same reasons

Old 08-24-2017, 11:33 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,635,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Don't care for IHOP. Leave Denny's open and I'll remain happy.
I'm the opposite, I hate Denny's, and think IHOP is just OK.

Old 08-24-2017, 12:02 PM

16,915 posts, read 15,150,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I'm the opposite, I hate Denny's, and think IHOP is just OK.
I have a special attachment to Denny's that possibly makes me enjoy it more than I would otherwise. And I do enjoy their skillets... Some of them anyway. Aaaaaaand (don't shoot me) I actually like their t-bone steaks lol. I know, they're not great quality and are very thin, but they do it right.

Old 08-24-2017, 01:03 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,635,365 times
Quote:
I have a special attachment to Denny's that possibly makes me enjoy it more than I would otherwise. And I do enjoy their skillets... Some of them anyway. Aaaaaaand (don't shoot me) I actually like their t-bone steaks lol. I know, they're not great quality and are very thin, but they do it right.
If you like it, that's great!

Old 08-24-2017, 01:31 PM

17,504 posts, read 38,995,061 times
Quote:
You have now gotten me to want to eat at my local Denny's, and I have not been since the 1980s!!! I hear they have improved their cooking and their ingredients so I want to give it a try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink