Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 02:53 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I agree with everything on the East Coast EXCEPT for the corner brownie. That's the best part! We fight over them in our house.

Hear here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 02:56 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
There are actually people who hate the corner piece of brownies?
It's Maryland. Lots of moro........people who've moved here who think they're way better, urbane, smarter and sophisticated than they really are.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:44 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
That doesn't mean everyone loves it though. The ones around here are always crowded as well, but I don't know anyone who eats there. I think their food is gross, I don't understand why there are always long lines. It's hard to believe that many people like soggy chicken sandwiches.
I now live in NY and am not a Chik-Fil-A fan. Even when I lived in Sc, I wasn't a fan. The waffle fries were ok....everything else not so much. I could never eat there again and I'd be perfectly happy about it.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:07 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,476,539 times
Concerning ranch, I'll eat it, but will spring for blue cheese instead whenever that's an option

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
There are actually people who hate the corner piece of brownies?
That's news to me. AFAIK, it's probably in the same vein as those who don't like the crust on their bread.

Last edited by ackmondual; 08-29-2017 at 04:15 PM..

Old 08-29-2017, 04:33 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,584,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I don't get most fast food. It's expensive and bad. The last time we got Big Macs, they were a little over 5 bucks apiece. I can make a much better cheese burger at home for that...

Maybe it's my age, but I can remember when Big Macs were yummy. Now, in a quest to keep food cheap as possible to maximize profits, the food at a lot of fast food chains is ghastly.

We have a place out here called The Habit, and we've been there twice and the food is good in quality and quantity. It's more expensive, but not that much more expensive....
I love the Santa Barbara burger at The Habit. But I'm also the person who could eat avocado with just about anything!

Old 08-29-2017, 04:49 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
According to that article, you can buy Ranch in GALLON-SIZED JUGS. And, apparently, it's made by CLOROX. Why am I not surprised?
Of course it is, you think restaurants buy salad dressing by the pint?

And it's not made by Clorox bleach. It's made by Hidden Valley, whose parent company is the Clorox company.

Old 08-29-2017, 05:02 PM

Location: In my cat's house, until she finds a better human servant
372 posts, read 390,338 times
List was silly but I had to comment on the brownies. I was in another state (not Maryland) at a little cafe and saw the cook cutting a fresh tray of brownies. She asked if I'd like one and I said yes, could I please have a corner or edge. She looked at me like I was insane, said she had cut off all the edges because "no one likes those!"

I sat at my table with my plate of edges and corners. Iirc she gave them to me free because they were going in the trash. Very nice lady, but that just boggles the mind. Lol

Old 08-29-2017, 07:02 PM

876 posts, read 813,348 times
The corner brownie is the best for the same reason as a muffin top. It's a little more done which gives it more taste and the extra chewiness allows you to savor the flavor longer.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:40 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,007,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
They got me right. I hate Ranch. Can't imagine using it on pizza. It reminds me of wallpaper paste.

I have to go to Maryland and take all the brownie corners off their hands.
Another corner lover. Thank God!

Old 08-29-2017, 09:36 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrkAliteN View Post
tally

What you are describing sounds great .... but they are NOT Chicken Mcnuggets

Most peeps consider chicken mcnuggets total crap junk food that are made from bits and pieces of leftover whole chickens in the slaughter process formed into shapes from by products and then battered and cooked to disguise what they truly are
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
That's not chicken nuggets though, that's breaded chicken breasts. When people talk about chicken nuggets, they're talking about the highly processed chicken that is formed into various shapes.
Well, I liked the idea of chicken nuggets, saw the cost and makeup of chicken nuggets, and was appalled...and made an even tastier and healthier substitute...

That's a win-win...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink