Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 07:31 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,507,892 times

Advertisements

It's 2017. Why are people trying to cook every day? Why aren't more people cooking in large batches on the weekend and have meals ready throughout the week?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 08:22 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
I don't mean the preparation part but the taste part. Every 3 or 4 days I feel a need for someone else's cooking so I eat out somewhere. I read once that it is normal for a person to need someone else's cooking occasionaly.
I think a better question would be, anyone not get tired of their own cooking? I love to cook, most people seem to love to eat what I fix, but some days I just want to have someone else do the cooking. I run out of ideas and I get tired of the same thing so often. I guess at my age and so many years of cooking this is to be expected. I know spoiled brat isn't always thrilled with what I choose.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I eat hospital cafeteria food every day - its free and it's pretty good. But I can't wait to cook on the weekends. I love to eat my own food, and often take it to work, because I get sick of food cooked by others
Now that is a different story. Even if it is hospital food, it is free as you say. I just hope you aren't the patient Of course you aren't, if you were you would be paying and paying a lot.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:30 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
It's 2017. Why are people trying to cook every day? Why aren't more people cooking in large batches on the weekend and have meals ready throughout the week?
I hear you, but not everything re-heats well, and bacteria can start to grow after 3-4 days.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:10 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,890 times
yes OP ALL of it you mentioned . I used to love to cook and greatly enjoyed all sorts of cooking competitions everywhere but then I cooked for 6 kids over 34 years and I just snapped here a few years ago and my current( and last) husband gladly cooks. He is a great cook it's very clean and healthy and not a ton of it. He loves mine too but says I deserve a much needed break . My long ago first husband used to demand a gallon of sun tea and at least one loaf a day of home baked bread and everything had to be cooked double or even in triple so he could have enough . There was simply no end to what he could eat .

It literally made me sick and we have been divorced almost 2 decades now .

Old 09-20-2017, 11:22 AM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
For me? Because I prefer small portions of freshly prepared food, I don't like eating the same thing several days, and I have the time.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-20-2017, 11:38 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,507,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I hear you, but not everything re-heats well, and bacteria can start to grow after 3-4 days.
Not if you freeze a few of the meals for later in the week. Also, do you know how old restaurant food and ingredients can be? Talk about bacteria growth.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:13 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
I definitely get sick of my own cooking! Actually, I just get sick of figuring out what to cook and then having to prepare it every night.
Yeah, that's what I get sick of. I'm single, so I cook to have leftovers. It's a no-brainer to just pop something in the microwave, and I don't mind eating the same thing for a couple of days. If I had to think of something different to eat every day and then make it and and then clean it up, I would go mental.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:22 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Quote:
We get it, you've made your point over and over again.

Not everyone wants to cook in large batches and freeze, can, or eat leftovers.

Old 09-20-2017, 04:52 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
Some dishes lend themselves to being frozen then reheated. Some do not. I'll make a double batch of meatballs or soup, for example. It's good to have some emergency meals on standby.

But a lot of dishes I cook would suffer for being frozen, either by taste or texture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink