U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 06:07 PM

1,229 posts, read 2,776,141 times

Advertisements

blackberry cobbler, southern saw mill gravy (so thick it could be used as glue lol), homemade biscuits, dt dr pepper, grits, shrimp, crawfish, fried chicken, potatoes, fresh fruits, and last but not least Blackberry Cabernet sorbets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 09:40 PM

3,913 posts, read 10,098,646 times
Generally, it's sweets of any kind. Right now, I'm into chocolate ice cream. I just purchased one recently I'd never had, Breyer's Triple Chocolate (white, dark, and milk). Heavenly! Here I go now!

Old 03-18-2008, 05:43 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,187,928 times
Cake. Good wine and good cheese. Breads, especially the warm home made kind. My hubby and I are trying Weight Watchers and it is killing me.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:02 PM

371 posts, read 1,789,227 times
Cashew chicken, egg rolls, crab ragoon, pizza, oven baked onion soup potato fries, onion rings and Ben and Jerry's Phish food!

Thanks a lot. I am now craving Chinese food and ice cream for dessert. LOL!

Old 03-18-2008, 06:09 PM

58 posts, read 129,616 times
My weakness is Palermo's Primo thin frozen pizza ( it does have whole wheat crust). It is the BEST frozen pizza made and I could eat it everyday, lol.

And I must have dark chocolate....

Old 03-18-2008, 06:45 PM

2,970 posts, read 6,164,255 times
oh geez, lots of stuff! Fresh bread, real cheese, pasta of all kinds, Mexican, Chinese, dark chocolate, shrimp scampi, egg rolls, biscuits and gravy.....

I actually try to eat really healthy though....making stuff and controlling salt, added fat, etc. makes a big difference I think.

Old 11-11-2017, 12:39 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,164,864 times
Default what is your biggest snack food weakness?

Although ice cream and chocolate either together or separate are near the top of my list it is licorice that really does it for my taste buds. Maybe there is something in licorice that my body needs. Whatever it is it is like I really want it and think about it a lot.

Old 11-11-2017, 12:53 PM

983 posts, read 708,756 times
Crunchy and salty is my nemesis.

It can be crackers or chips or sadly nearly any other processed snack that is crunchy / crisp.

I am not really tempted by cookies or sweets candies or ice cream or fancy choclate truffles or whatever they are called.
Sure I can eat a few ... like anyone else

Me its that salty crispy potato chip or pretzel or even popcorn ( which is not crispy )

Something tells me I am not alone. As that snack food market is a multi billion dollar a year industry ... so there are either a lot of liars / sneak eaters or all those big semi trucks pulling up to the grocery stores are empty

Old 11-11-2017, 12:54 PM

2,815 posts, read 2,497,636 times
Cheese curls. A close second is kettle cooked potato chips. I am sure I could survive on one or both if stranded on a deserted island.

I don't consider it a snack food, but I do have a weakness for natural vanilla ice cream topped with hot fudge sauce and whipped cream.

Old 11-11-2017, 01:01 PM

8,876 posts, read 8,227,549 times
It changes all the time. It's usually Haagen-Dazs (or B&J's Vanilla Caramel Fudge), but I'm eating less dairy these days. Lately, it's peanut M&Ms and classic ranch Fritos that call my name. I hadn't eaten M&Ms in a long time. They have all these flavors now. I've tried the caramel, but they fail to draw me away from those large and luscious multicolored peanut candies that melt in your mouth, not in your hand.

I think I've started eating candy because I've been watching That '70s Show in syndication lately (LAFF TV plays eight episodes a night). The only thing Fez liked nearly as much as girls was candy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or