Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 05:49 AM

4,861 posts, read 2,673,519 times

Advertisements

cook it on your flat top Camp Chef griddle that you keep out in the garage..do the bacon, the eggs and the hotcakes all at the same time..that's what I do..I also use one of my cast iron skillets as a bacon press while doing it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 06:50 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrkAliteN View Post
Bacon deserves your love and attention.

I will always make time to express my admiration for it by properly frying it up in a skillet stove top.
Where each and every piece gets turned and cooked to perfection.
Yes, indeed!

My housemate likes microwaved bacon, and I humor her in this if I am fixing it only for her, but when I make it for myself, or for both, it gets fried in the skillet. Why would I waste all that lovely bacon grease by soaking it up with paper towels? I save it. It's a wonderful seasoning for things like green beans or black-eyed or purple hull peas.

Old 10-20-2017, 06:56 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
We make bacon every morning, 3/4 of the time in the microwave with paper towels. The cheap paper towels and any kind of napkins will usually stick to the bacon. The better brands do not. Also if you run out of paper towels and napkins and really want bacon, do not try using toilet paper - it is a disaster. Cardboard works OK. Poke some holes through the upper paper layer and let the grease soak down into the corrugation. the key is to use something that keeps the grease away from the bacon so you do not end up with deep fried bacon.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:42 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,477,098 times
Popular thread here. I guess people like bacon and are particular on how they cook it. I cook my bacon in a skillet on low heat when I have time, in the oven when I have a lot of it to cook or in the microwave when I want it quick. They all work for me. I did see this lately and was thinking of trying it. The biggest problem I have seen with contraptions like this is the cleanup.

https://www.amazon.com/Emson-Bacon-W.../dp/B0016P1AFM

Old 10-20-2017, 08:20 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
We make bacon every morning, 3/4 of the time in the microwave with paper towels. The cheap paper towels and any kind of napkins will usually stick to the bacon. The better brands do not. Also if you run out of paper towels and napkins and really want bacon, do not try using toilet paper - it is a disaster. Cardboard works OK. Poke some holes through the upper paper layer and let the grease soak down into the corrugation. the key is to use something that keeps the grease away from the bacon so you do not end up with deep fried bacon.
Toilet paper??? Why not use a frying pan? lol...I always pan fry and lay the strips on a plate with a paper towel underneath and if needed, I blot it but generally never need to.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:02 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Popular thread here. I guess people like bacon and are particular on how they cook it. I cook my bacon in a skillet on low heat when I have time, in the oven when I have a lot of it to cook or in the microwave when I want it quick. They all work for me. I did see this lately and was thinking of trying it. The biggest problem I have seen with contraptions like this is the cleanup.

https://www.amazon.com/Emson-Bacon-W.../dp/B0016P1AFM
I can't imagine anyone wasting their time with something like that. I know several people who use the microwave for bacon and everyone uses a basic tray or plate along with paper towels. As noted above, I also use some newspapers to help absorb the grease. I cook bacon once or twice a month, and do not save the grease for other cooking purposes, I'm all about the quick and easy clean up!

Old 10-20-2017, 10:35 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,477,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I can't imagine anyone wasting their time with something like that. I know several people who use the microwave for bacon and everyone uses a basic tray or plate along with paper towels. As noted above, I also use some newspapers to help absorb the grease. I cook bacon once or twice a month, and do not save the grease for other cooking purposes, I'm all about the quick and easy clean up!
I have a thing about not heating plastic in the microwave, even "safe" plastic so I always use a regular plate. That and the cleanup convinced me not to try it.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:58 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
There were stores that only sold microwaves?
I was wondering where these stores were located!

What happened to the bacon? Um it was microwaved and it revolted. The pigs are uprising!

Old 10-21-2017, 02:14 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
If I have to make just a few slices of bacon, I will make it in the micro, but I use lower than full power, and I will remove the outer slices sooner. I make bacon on a paper towel over a pad of used newsprint.

If I have to make a lot of bacon, I put it on the broiler pan and bake it.

And, I think bacon has changed. It most likely has sugar in in it. In fact the gunk left in my iron skillet after frying bacon is the reason I use other cooking methods now. That gunk is sugar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink