Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 06:27 PM

983 posts, read 1,180,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Round Table?

There's a Shakey's in Renton.

Izzy's used to be in the Seattle area IIRC, I know there's one in Olympia, and several near Portland.
Thanks for pointing those out. Doubtful I ever opt for a pizza buffett all you can eat as I am more than full after 2-3 slices of pizza and a salad and a beer.

Had my 1st Costco full size take out pizza from their ready made food court just a few weeks ago. $10 for an everything - combo LARGE pizza was a steal. Much better pizza than any delivery place near me ( papa Johns - Dominos or Papa Murphys take and bake ) and it was a much better deal / value.

I usually only eat pizza once every couple months. In my younger days when I had a 32" waist ... I ate it weekly if not more often. these days .... not so much

Old 10-19-2017, 06:40 PM

5,449 posts, read 4,043,852 times
I may be weird but I like Cici's. The one I go to is well run and the food is always hot and fresh. I am trying to figure out a way to get a constant supply of garlic cheesy bread and cinnamon rolls delivered to my door every day.

now Pizza hut, that is nasty. Might as well used Wonder bread for crust.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:16 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 843904 View Post
Back in the 80's & 90's, pizza buffets seemed to abound everywhere. In my region, we had Pizza Hut, Pizza Inn and several local places. Cici's came later, as did Stevi B's. Pizza Inn closed, Pizza Hut dropped the buffet, as did the locals.

What happened? Rising costs? Changing attitudes? I love pizza and can eat a ton of it, but I can't eat the low quality crap at Cici's or Stevi B's. Pizza as a food won't be going away, so what can be done to bring back the traditional pizza buffet?
Chain pizza = crap pizza. If you live in an area with good pizza, the chains will struggle and frequently close up shop. Buffets in general have been struggling. Buffets are usually filled with cheap, crap, over processed "food". Why pay for that?

Old 10-19-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Go to a college town. There's always a pizza buffet in a college town.
I live in a college town and there's no pizza buffet. Pizza Hut closed a few weeks ago. The town just south of us is also a college town. No pizza buffet there. They don't have a Chinese buffet or any type of buffet restaurant. We have 1 Chinese buffet and that's the only buffet outside of Wegmans grocery store.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
I wonder how a pizza buffet would work if they increased the cost AND quality? Instead of some $5.99 (minus the soda) buffet, perhaps someone could create something in the $12-18 range with beer, wine and various soft drinks. They could change the focus from little kids to a more "sports-bar"-ish atmosphere. A relaxed, pizza buffet where you could catch a game with your buddies and eat good quality pizza with lots of variety......sounds like the dream of most men, especially the younger guys.
I wouldn't pay $12-18 for pizza and beverages. I tend to drink 1 glass of soda or water only. I don't drink beer or wine. For $12, I can get a large pizza with toppings = locally made with dough made fresh that day and fresh toppings including real cheese. I don't do bars. I don't do sports. I'm not a guy, but I still eat pizza.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:44 PM

12,057 posts, read 10,262,685 times
We still have a pizza hut buffet. People complain about the service, but the place has been open for over 30 years.

It has changed in that it has a separate bar only area. They love that!

If a restaurant has alcohol, it will stay open.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:45 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,863,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I live in a college town and there's no pizza buffet...
HA HA!!!!!! I was waiting for someone to feel a need to post that.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
HA HA!!!!!! I was waiting for someone to feel a need to post that.
You said always.....key word there. If you said usually, then I wouldn't have commented. If you said frequently, I wouldn't have commented. I can't even think of a college town I've been to or lived in that had a pizza buffet aside from Pizza Hut and many college towns don't have one of those....thank goodness!

Quote:
Go to a college town. There's always a pizza buffet in a college town.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:02 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrkAliteN View Post
There are none near north Seattle that I know of.

I personally have never seen one and I grew up around Pizza Huts in town and never knew of this buffet option ?

You can order a take out pie anywhere in town and have a large pizza for less than 10 bucks and eat 1/2 and have the other 1/2 left over next days lunch or whatever

Who would pay $6-7-8 for an all you can eat pizza buffet when most likely you are full after 1/2 a pizza and you get no benefit of left overs ?

I do not get the math or the concept
What? No kids? Dad gets the 3 meat and chicken bbq slices, mom gets the spinach and feta and the veggie special, while sis gets the hawaiian pizza and little one grabs the plain cheese slices. Great idea but generally lousy execution. When CiCis first came out my kids were pretty young, it was their favorite place to go. Just for the heck of it we stopped in one a few years ago and it was pretty bad.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:08 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,863,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
You said always.....key word there. If you said usually, then I wouldn't have commented. If you said frequently, I wouldn't have commented. I can't even think of a college town I've been to or lived in that had a pizza buffet ...
Have you attended college recently? Go to one of the campus dining halls and you'll find a pizza buffet at least one day of the week. Also, every college town I've visited has a local pizza joint (close to campus) that has a buffet at least once a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink