Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 10:45 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times

Advertisements

In our Sunday paper there was a coupon for Welch juices with coconut water. I am going to try it soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 12:05 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,694,537 times
Quite possibly the worst idea healthwise. But marketwise they will make $$

The health benefits of coconut water is that you're supposed to get them fresh and pure as there are enzymes that are extremely parrishable. Most bottled ones cooked the water so they lose the enzymes but still retain the potassium and magnesium. They are good replacement than water or other sports drinks.

By adding juice to it, you introduce more sugar and calories and counters the health benefits.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Quite possibly the worst idea healthwise. But marketwise they will make $$

The health benefits of coconut water is that you're supposed to get them fresh and pure as there are enzymes that are extremely parrishable. Most bottled ones cooked the water so they lose the enzymes but still retain the potassium and magnesium. They are good replacement than water or other sports drinks.

By adding juice to it, you introduce more sugar and calories and counters the health benefits.
and out of curiosity where are you getting this information? I am sure some of it is hype, but for those who really enjoy the coconut whatever idea let them enjoy themselves.

Old 10-23-2017, 02:15 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,557,894 times
sounds like way too much sugar in one drink.

Old 10-23-2017, 04:35 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,694,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and out of curiosity where are you getting this information? I am sure some of it is hype, but for those who really enjoy the coconut whatever idea let them enjoy themselves.
Enjoy unhealthy choices which is why most Americans are still fat. Takes no dietrician to know sugar drinks are always unhealthy. Soda and juice are the same when the sugar contents are similar. It doesn't matter if the water was from heaven as long as it is loaded with sugar.

Old 10-23-2017, 06:27 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
I think she was asking about fresh coconut water versus boxed....... Where did you get that info.

A lecture about sugar is silly. If she is not overweight or has problems with blood glucose, some sugar isn't going to be the end of the world.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-24-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Enjoy unhealthy choices which is why most Americans are still fat. Takes no dietrician to know sugar drinks are always unhealthy. Soda and juice are the same when the sugar contents are similar. It doesn't matter if the water was from heaven as long as it is loaded with sugar.
I think we all know extra sugar isn't healthy and most of us realize kids today get way to much sugar and not enough exercise, but unhealthy eating and drinking once in awhile isn't going to kill any of us. Lord knows, I check labels and do research on what we eat as much as anyone. I am simply saying a little won't hurt, not suggesting we all go out and buy sweet juices or juice flavored juices for breakfast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink