Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 12:12 PM

7,127 posts, read 12,667,756 times

Advertisements

We had a delicious Thanksgiving feast with friends yesterday. Great food. Had a wonderful time.

Woke up to the sad fact that we have no left-overs. Lots of people posting about their hot turkey sandwiches. And that they're going to have T'giving dinner #2 tonight.

Not us. Our cupboard is bare of left-overs.. Except some pumpkin pie. Which we had for breakfast.

So...tomorrow I'm gonna hunt down a turkey breast. Make some stuffing. Gravy. Cranberry sauce. And then we, too, will have left-overs.

What about you? Is your frig full of wonderful left-overs? Or bare, like ours??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 12:26 PM

24,545 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Sounds like a plan

We had enough for yesterday and a small dinner today. I will have to make pecan pies (crusts are frozen in muffin tins, filling is in the fridge).

Old 11-24-2017, 12:38 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,186,733 times
The first thing I did this morning was make a plate of leftovers. However, we occasionally celebrate the holiday with no leftovers, like last year when we went on vacation for Thanksgiving, or when we've eaten out.

I understand how how you feel and if you want to go out and shop and cook again to make sure you have leftovers, go for it and enjoy!

Old 11-24-2017, 12:42 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
The first thing I did this morning was make a plate of leftovers. However, we occasionally celebrate the holiday with no leftovers, like last year when we went on vacation for Thanksgiving, or when we've eaten out.

I understand how how you feel and if you want to go out and shop and cook again to make sure you have leftovers, go for it and enjoy!
I agree with that. Cheers!

Old 11-24-2017, 12:42 PM

4,693 posts, read 3,473,160 times
We have a mixed bag of leftovers. We have a little spinach soup, enough turkey for a pot pie next week, mashed potatoes, a little cranberry sauce, squash and Ukrainian pancakes a guest brought. Unfortunately no stuffing was left after I made a huge crock pot full and my MIL brought a tray of oyster stuffing. I am so bummed it is my favorite. Also no pumpkin bisque. It was gone before it could reach me!
Also not enough cream corn, ratatouille, green beans, Ukraine salad, regular salad, appetizers or desserts (cupcakes and annisette cookies)and gravy to save.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:02 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
None here as my 2 friends ate a brunch dinner sitting in outdoor patio of a restaurant and one friend took some of our leftovers in a box. I know after that dinner I came home and snoozed from the tryptophan from turkey. Enjoyed our dinner, none of us cook anymore. I've learned to no longer stuff myself.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:05 PM

350 posts, read 477,744 times
Since we had TWO thanksgiving dinners (one on Sunday with my grown children and other one yesterday with daughter & family & her old high school friend and family), I have enough leftover turkey to keep us busy for months. (It freezes well !)

The refrigerator is so full, that I am not sure how much is left over !! Will take inventory after everyone leaves tomorrow !

Old 11-24-2017, 01:20 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
We had a delicious Thanksgiving feast with friends yesterday. Great food. Had a wonderful time.

Woke up to the sad fact that we have no left-overs. Lots of people posting about their hot turkey sandwiches. And that they're going to have T'giving dinner #2 tonight.
If you love turkey so much - buy a bigger bird next time, and serve smaller portions
There is no rule preventing you from making Thanksgiving turkey feast more often during the year. As often your heart ... ahmmm - stomach desire...

Old 11-24-2017, 01:33 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,099,919 times
Was nice to celebrate Thanksgiving at my daughter's place and not having to cook or clean up but I do miss those leftovers. Thanksgiving leftovers are the best and the turkey soup from the carcass is so good.
I will comfort myself with the remains of a bottle of Wild Turkey 101.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:40 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,278,103 times
Fridge is full - too full, for the both of us. We are going to take some plates to our neighbors across the street.

If I could, I would send you some, OP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink