U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 02:15 PM

4,730 posts, read 17,498,457 times

Advertisements

This was probably the best pie I ever had from a national chain. It is 10.99 plus tax in our area for a 12" one-topping pizza, so it is somewhat expensive but worth it. We opted for just cheese as I have worked for independent pizzerias as well as a couple of chains in Buffalo when I lived there and plain cheese is the way to get the real flavor of pizza. The cheese was bubbly golden brown, the sauce was made from sauce with organic tomatoes and the multi grain crust was delicous. The natural toppings available were tomatoes, red peppers, and artichokes iirc. However, if they use fresh shrooms on their pizza, that would be natural too, but you can get any topping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 06:34 AM

58 posts, read 129,358 times
Thanks for the review..I'm always looking for a great pizza, I will have to try that if it's offered in our area.

Christi

Old 03-20-2008, 08:49 AM

5,115 posts, read 10,033,334 times
I'll have to look for that one , like the idea of organic tomato sauce and multi grain crust, even if I prefer whole grain, at least multi grain is better for you than white flour and it will fill you up longer, due to the fiber.

forum rules, please read them

Old 03-20-2008, 09:05 AM

The cheese is all natural too, no fillers.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:15 AM

10,126 posts, read 16,721,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
The cheese is all natural too, no fillers.
It's such a relief to know they were feeding us unnatural cheese before...

Old 03-20-2008, 10:52 AM

1,939 posts, read 5,478,870 times
If your looking for TRUE Chicago Style-- try Bellacino's. As a native Chicagoan I can say its HOME : )

Old 03-20-2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
If your looking for TRUE Chicago Style-- try Bellacino's. As a native Chicagoan I can say its HOME : )
I used to work for Bellacino's in Charlotte. They are based in Detroit. I actually think their pizza is not very good.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
It's such a relief to know they were feeding us unnatural cheese before...
They sure were:

http://www.pizzahut.com/Files/PDF/ph_ingredients.pdf

modified food strach as well as sodium propionate (added as a preservative).

Two ingredients which are far from natural.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:06 AM

2,937 posts, read 2,911,493 times
I feel bad for anyone who lives somewhere where chain pizza is their best option. Lots of Italians where I live, so that translates to lots of locally-owned Italian restaurants and pizza places. Pizza Hut, Domino's, Papa John's....yuck.

We are also lucky to be the home of "Old Forge style" pizza, a square pizza with a blend of cheeses rather than mozarella.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
I feel bad for anyone who lives somewhere where chain pizza is their best option. Lots of Italians where I live, so that translates to lots of locally-owned Italian restaurants and pizza places. Pizza Hut, Domino's, Papa John's....yuck.

We are also lucky to be the home of "Old Forge style" pizza, a square pizza with a blend of cheeses rather than mozarella.
I grew up in Detroit and also lived in Buffalo, both places with a lot of good mom and pop pizzerias (I worked at a couple and also worked for Domino's). I really like the Buffalo area pizza, not too thin like NYC and not too thick like Chicago. Now I am in Charlotte and with so many NY and Buffalo transplants, there are NY Style pizza places everywhere. Some are really good, some aren't, but it they are better than the chains. The 14" in "large" pie at the chains is a choke. One of the best Ny pizzerias here (owned and run by Italians) pizzas are 16", 18" and 20".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or