Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 09:50 PM

32,861 posts, read 36,200,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
Mmmmm

I love bread!

My favorite commercial varieties are Dave's Killer Bread 21 Grains & Seeds, Arnold 100% Whole Wheat, and Arnold Health Nut.

I love bread made with millet, quinoa, and other grains

About the only bread that I don't care for is white bread. It lacks flavor and that chewy texture I like my carbs to have.

I could probably live on multi-grain bread I love the stuff so much.
Dave's Killer 21 is the only one I usually have on hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2017, 12:16 AM

4,533 posts, read 2,948,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Bread bread bread! so wonderful! soft and fluffy or full of seeds and nuts. YYYYYUUUUUMMMMMM!

darn those lousy carbs!
Carbs are what make bread so yummy!

Old 12-10-2017, 03:02 AM

22,061 posts, read 19,137,004 times
my 4-braid challah bread with a salty pretzel crust, dipped in honey mustard, or sweet vanilla spread.....mmmmmmmm

Old 12-10-2017, 04:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,505,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Adultman View Post
Let me just say: Bread - over it!
what do you mean by over rated? I am trying to imagine making a sandwich without bread or having a card for breakfast if it isn't toast or some such thing like a muffin or biscuit; both to me are a type of bread? Do we eat a lot of it? No, but what we do eat is top quality. The two top line foods we splurge on are bread products and meat.

Old 12-10-2017, 04:43 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,582,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
my 4-braid challah bread with a salty pretzel crust, dipped in honey mustard, or sweet vanilla spread.....mmmmmmmm

I do appreciate braided challah, but without salt on the crust. Haven't had it in a long time!

Old 12-10-2017, 04:45 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,505,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I make my sandwiches with beautiful organic romaine lettuce leaves. Two or three per sandwich.

I stopped bringing breads into my house probably 10 yrs ago..started by buying only gluten free and found it too dense so I just gave it all up.

There are so many foods that are "dead" and I believe bread is one of them....

I did my share of breads, and other carbs in my life and now it time to change all that and change I've been making.

I'm into reducing carbs so much and in spite of that, I can't exercise like I did for many years of my life, so I am changing what I put in my mouth. I live with a body full of arthritis and truly believe MOST of it from a long life of eating sugars/carbs and breads were a big one.

Not perfect, but progress.

My neighbor is big on breads and she deals with RA and I've read so much about foods to eliminate with RA and arthritis in general. But her choice.
good way to enjoy your meal wrapped in romaine but that is not really a traditional sandwich in my opinion. I too enjoy lettuce wraps, still not a sandwich.

Old 12-10-2017, 05:59 AM

9,341 posts, read 14,262,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmLizzie View Post

Man cannot live by bread alone -

With gluten, without gluten, wheat, rice, or lentil, bread is an important part of humankind. And delicious.
I have read in history books that it is possible to survive on a diet of whole grain wheat bread, olives/olive oil, and grapes/wine. Not necessarily be healthy to live to 80, but enough to work and survive for a number of decades.

In any case, my understanding is that plant-based carbohydrates are more or less essential to the human diet on a practical basis, without going through clinical hoops, which is the case for the vast majority of people.

Just add maize to your list of grains, which is basically the fruit of grass: wheat (also barley, rye, many others), legumes, rice, maize.

I think the basic issue brought up by the OP, even if indirectly, is that the too many people overeat carbohydrates as part of very low quality processed food products.

Whole grains in moderation are a beautiful thing. I know I feel sick without them.

Old 12-10-2017, 07:35 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,235,201 times
bread has it's place in my world. Like fresh out of the oven with butter.

Otherwise, bread is something that I use to hold my sandwiches and burgers. I rip away the bread before I take my bite.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:08 AM

282 posts, read 231,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
bread has it's place in my world. Like fresh out of the oven with butter.

Otherwise, bread is something that I use to hold my sandwiches and burgers. I rip away the bread before I take my bite.
Why waste the bread, and the time and effort of whoever actually made that sandwich?

Just tell them you want the #4, but dump it on a plate, no bread, and use a knife and fork to eat it.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:29 AM

921 posts, read 524,270 times
This fantastic body of mine wasn't built on beer alone! Gotta have some bread!!! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink