U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 07:31 PM

16,210 posts, read 25,244,294 times

Advertisements

I don't know if CoolWhey is available in the States -- Halo Top isn't available here in Canada. I noticed CoolWhey in the store today and thought I'd give it a try. It was on sale, I was hopeful that it'd be good, so I bought two: salted caramel and chocolate chip. (I wanted just plain chocolate, but they didn't have any in stock.)

Anyway, I just tried the salted caramel and OH MY GOD, IS THIS STUFF EVER GOOD!

Home - CoolWhey

The regular one has 40g of protein.
The sport one has 60g of protein.
Has 50% less sugar.
Has 100% of the flavor. It's REALLY good.

Almrausch... Alm, it's available at Sobeys, Metro, and Fresh Co. I always shop at Loblaws, and it was just a fluke that I was in Metro today... and saw it. It was like karma and kismet rolled together. It's on sale this week at Metro -- $4.99/pint instead of $7.99. I wouldn't have bought even one at $7.99, and even though it's really yummy, I won't buy it again unless it's on sale.

The main difference that I see between CoolWhey and Halo Top is that CoolWhey has about twice as much protein in it (10g per half cup in CW vs 5g in HT). I think that Halo Top is marketing theirs as low-cal/carb more than anything, while CW is marketing theirs based on high protein. I wish that CW had all the flavors that HT has! Well, no, I don't... I'd have to eat them all!

Last edited by DawnMTL; 12-09-2017 at 07:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 10:15 PM

22,468 posts, read 21,502,648 times
Can I eat that and a carrot for dinner?

Old 12-10-2017, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Can I eat that and a carrot for dinner?
Yes.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:58 AM

20,839 posts, read 25,386,982 times
It's funny to think of ice cream as a source of protein, but it is made with milk, so of course it contains protein. In some items, substituting whey for whole milk still gives a good flavor. It's not like whey tastes bad.

Not that I am going to try high protein ice cream. I am loyal to my brand, so it is Tillamook ice cream for me.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:54 AM

27,014 posts, read 17,361,827 times
Awww..... not sold here.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum (on loan)

Old 12-10-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Awww..... not sold here.
I'd send you some but it would melt, obviously. If you come visit me, I'll buy all the flavors for us.

Old 12-10-2017, 07:21 PM

27,014 posts, read 17,361,827 times
Ice cream party at Dawn's!!!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum (on loan)

Old 12-10-2017, 11:09 PM

22,468 posts, read 21,502,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Yes.
Thank you. I'll throw in a few berries to round out the meal. On a more serious note, I wish I had that in my area, preferably the local store. Everything should be delicious and nutritious.

I'm waiting for Coke with micronutrients.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Thank you. I'll throw in a few berries to round out the meal. On a more serious note, I wish I had that in my area, preferably the local store. Everything should be delicious and nutritious.

I'm waiting for Coke with micronutrients.
Haha! You're awesome!

Full disclosure: I had it for lunch yesterday. No side dish or anything. Just ice cream for lunch. I felt naughty.

Old 01-06-2018, 01:39 PM

118,518 posts, read 13,563,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
I don't know if CoolWhey is available in the States -- Halo Top isn't available here in Canada. I noticed CoolWhey in the store today and thought I'd give it a try. It was on sale, I was hopeful that it'd be good, so I bought two: salted caramel and chocolate chip. (I wanted just plain chocolate, but they didn't have any in stock.)

Anyway, I just tried the salted caramel and OH MY GOD, IS THIS STUFF EVER GOOD!

Home - CoolWhey

The regular one has 40g of protein.
The sport one has 60g of protein.
Has 50% less sugar.
Has 100% of the flavor. It's REALLY good.

Almrausch... Alm, it's available at Sobeys, Metro, and Fresh Co. I always shop at Loblaws, and it was just a fluke that I was in Metro today... and saw it. It was like karma and kismet rolled together. It's on sale this week at Metro -- $4.99/pint instead of $7.99. I wouldn't have bought even one at $7.99, and even though it's really yummy, I won't buy it again unless it's on sale.

The main difference that I see between CoolWhey and Halo Top is that CoolWhey has about twice as much protein in it (10g per half cup in CW vs 5g in HT). I think that Halo Top is marketing theirs as low-cal/carb more than anything, while CW is marketing theirs based on high protein. I wish that CW had all the flavors that HT has! Well, no, I don't... I'd have to eat them all!
Dawn now I have to check this out in summertime when it is hot. Thank you for the infos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or