U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 09:12 AM

12,304 posts, read 10,644,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
They call for frying 20 minutes in a frying pan with 2 flips on medium heat. I turned the outsides to charcoal. It’s a gas range that runs kind of hot, did too much heat probably do that?
Where did you go wrong? You started off with frozen hockey pucks! Use fresh ground turkey.....much better! You can also control what's added to the meat. They won't be hockey pucks either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 02:20 PM

4,445 posts, read 2,833,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
It says:
TO FRY: Preheat skillet on medium heat. Cook frozen burgers in a small amount of vegetable oil 7-9 minutes per side (turning twice) and until fully cooked to 165°F.

7-9 minutes per side on MEDIUM heat. Gas range can be regulated...
https://www.jennieo.com/products/66-...all-white-meat
https://www.smartkitchen.com/resources/medium-high-heat

I don't like to fry frozen meat. Perhaps you should thaw the meat before frying, and then just fry 3-4 min each side?
Also... why did you continued frying when you saw that the meat started to turn to charcoal? It was obvious that you were burning it...
Interesting... only other product I know of that has you cook from frozen is the Bubba frozen burger. The box back even tells you not to be concerned, and that this'll yield the tastiest burger you've ever had [/marketing_speak]

Old 12-21-2017, 02:27 PM

12,304 posts, read 10,644,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
Interesting... only other product I know of that has you cook from frozen is the Bubba frozen burger. The box back even tells you not to be concerned, and that this'll yield the tastiest burger you've ever had [/marketing_speak]
Tastiest burger you've ever had? Must be the first time a person's ever eaten a burger! Those things are NASTY! I wouldn't feed them to my dog.....LOL

Old 12-21-2017, 06:22 PM

37,374 posts, read 54,981,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
I read about it, and I am sure it could be done, but on lower heat. If you cook the patty on medium heat all the way, you will have it outside burned while the inside still will be frozen.
You might sear it initially in hot oil, on both sides, but then you need to lower the heat and let it thaw on your pan to get gradually cooked inside. That's why they want you to cook it for 7-9 min each side. They want you to cook it SLOWLY...

Never thaw frozen steaks before cooking - Business Insider
World, Europe, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:12 PM

8,042 posts, read 5,799,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
<>I don’t like to fry meat, unless it’s fried chicken or bacon.
Chicken okay, but you FRY bacon? Look, it says right in the name: Bake on. Bacon. 375* 20 minutes on a raised wire frame over a drip pan. No spatter, much healthier and you don't have to be watching and flipping.
YMMV.

Old 12-22-2017, 05:10 AM

5,163 posts, read 2,711,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Chicken okay, but you FRY bacon? Look, it says right in the name: Bake on. Bacon. 375* 20 minutes on a raised wire frame over a drip pan. No spatter, much healthier and you don't have to be watching and flipping.
YMMV.

The last time I had bacon was probably over 5 years ago, fried chicken, too, so it’s a non-issue.

Old 12-22-2017, 06:44 AM

3,463 posts, read 2,636,069 times
The patties are thin enough so cooking from frozen state works just fine so you don't need to thaw them first. Part of the convenience of these turkey burgers is to grab them from the freezer and cook them from the frozen state. Your heat was obviously too high if it scorched/burnt them and also that you noted that your gas range tends to run hotter. So, make sure to oil the pan (or the burger) and then just cook them on medium low on both sides for maybe 5 - 7 mins and then if you want a bit of a sear on both sides, turn the heat up to medium and cook for an additional min or so on each side.

Until you get used to how they cook on your particular stove top, test the burger by cutting into it after it is cooked and if there is no more pink inside then you know they are cooked through.

Old 12-22-2017, 06:54 AM

36,774 posts, read 45,145,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Tastiest burger you've ever had? Must be the first time a person's ever eaten a burger! Those things are NASTY! I wouldn't feed them to my dog.....LOL
I bought them once, put them on the grill, and they were so full of fat that I had an inferno happening.

Old 12-22-2017, 03:03 PM

37,374 posts, read 54,981,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I never tried them, but I see lots of good reviews online...
World, Europe, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 12-22-2017, 03:29 PM

3,463 posts, read 2,636,069 times
I like them and always keep some handy in my freezer to have every once in awhile for a quick meal when I don't feel like cooking. I eat them on a toasted whole grain sesame seed bun with either romaine or artisan lettuce and a bit of mayo and mustard.

Butterball makes them as well so I just buy whichever is cheaper when shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink