U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 08:27 PM

253 posts, read 366,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh, gosh, not me. I grew up despising oatmeal. My mom cooked it a lot and always loaded it down with "natural" stuff and would put a HUGE bowl of it in front of me when I came downstairs for breakfast. And I better eat it! She always said, "Here - this will stick to your ribs today."

My mom was never a good cook. She couldn't make cream of wheat without it lumping up on her, so that was up to me if I wanted it. Which I did. I was thrilled when we had cream of wheat in the house and I didn't have to eat that huge bowl of oatmeal!

I always called it "gruel."
I grew up not liking oatmeal too!! My Mom made cream of wheat , and then French toast the next day for us. our favorite breakfasts!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM

25,367 posts, read 22,972,801 times
Oh I love, love, love Cream of Wheat. Hot with butter, sugar and milk.

Old Today, 08:11 AM

486 posts, read 109,603 times
I loved Cream of Wheat, although I haven't eaten it for years, as it doesn't fit well into my everyday diet and foods I digest well. However, I remember there was Instant Cream of Wheat and I had it once years ago. It was AWFUL. Tasted nothing like the classic version that you cook on the stove top. I assume they stopped making it, or changed the recipe. I can't imagine anyone liked it. It literally was like eating paste in terms of the texture. In terms of taste, without a doubt the worst hot cereal I ever tasted.

Old Today, 08:17 AM

1,445 posts, read 722,098 times
I love Cream Of Wheat but haven't had it for years. At the store yesterday I saw it - and Cream of Rice next to it which I also haven't had in years and remember liking even more. I bought that instead. Maybe C.O.W next week. (I think I saw Maypo there too!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink