U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:07 PM

2,783 posts, read 1,102,537 times

Advertisements

Aww; love Cream of Wheat ... my mom gave it to me first before she went extremist militia Vegan.

With butter & milk & sugar ... Yum. You do absolutely have to use a pinch of salt while cooking. And I like the original vs the “quick” or instant. It was easy on my tummy whenever I was pregnant, which ended up being almost an entire 8 years, so yeah; that’s a lot of cream of wheat!

Gosh, I had forgotten about it. I’m going to pick some up today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM

6,017 posts, read 6,775,909 times
I like CoW. I also like Wheatena. I haven't bought either in a long time because I have a BIG box of oatmeal and living alone, it takes a while for me to eat that to the bottom.

Growing up, I had CoW several times a week in the cold months. I had to walk to school in a Catholic school uniform. No slacks back then. I learned to like Wheatena during one of my hospital stays after giving birth.

I had oatmeal and toast this morning for breakfast - it was 14 degrees F. and snowing so it seemed like a good day for hot cereal.

Old Yesterday, 04:25 PM

17,680 posts, read 12,367,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I will admit I'm surprised about the positives. My memories of Cream of Wheat are filled with images of gagging and punishment. Like someone said, "Cream of Wallpaper Paste".
You haven't had it done up proper!

Old Yesterday, 04:34 PM

366 posts, read 191,284 times
Like hot cereals in general, only eat them sometimes (oatmeal, cream of wheat, grits, whatever, it’s all good). They’re kind of plain and benefit from a little dressing up (any of fruit, sugar, honey, etc. work fine), but I’m fine either way.

Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM

3,921 posts, read 2,162,984 times
My mom often made me Coco Wheats before sending me off to school in the winter. I may have to pick some up the next time I get groceries.

Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM

11,674 posts, read 8,831,157 times
Me. I love it with a squirt of grape jelly.

Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM

116,050 posts, read 12,538,229 times
My mother used to make cream of wheat nice and fluffy with a bit of whipped cream folded under served with warm fresh pressed orange juice or raspberry syrup.As well cream of wheat dumplings and I continued her tradition.

Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM

3,427 posts, read 1,334,655 times
Mmmm...yummy!!!

When I was just a wee little lass, My aunt would make it for me ...I loved coming down to the kitchen and sit eagerly waiting for her creation. THe more lumps in it the better! It wasn't til I was a teen in Home Ec class that I found out it wasn't to have lumps! LOL!!! I still find it to be my comfort food when I miss my dear Aunt.....

Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM

9,971 posts, read 12,434,968 times
I do, I add fruit or cinnamon or raisins & walnuts.

Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM

4,824 posts, read 6,161,965 times
Loved Cream of Wheat as a kid--just a little milk to cool it off and some sugar. Once in awhile a dab of butter. My kids preferred oatmeal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink