U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2018, 05:43 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,881,003 times

Advertisements

Have a happy birthday Karen in NH! Stay warm! It is crazy cold here. I imagine it is even colder there.

Last night's turkey. Of course my Blitzen is patiently waiting for something to fall.
Tonight I am making a red sauce, meatballs and ziti. I have half a loaf of kalamata bread in the freezer. I will defrost and serve with dinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2018, 07:00 AM

118,958 posts, read 13,752,408 times
Tonight kitchari with rice and yellow/red lentils https://marlameridith.com/kitchari-rice-and-lentils/ served with homemade yogurt. For dessert 1/2 a pink grapefruit.

*Happy New Year to all. Sending good wishes to all who don't feel well at the moment.

And belated happy birthday to Karen

Old 01-02-2018, 07:52 AM

35,089 posts, read 43,275,490 times
Had my gallbladder out yesterday, so I don’t know how the eating will go today for me, but I’ll make brisket in the oven for dh, mashed potatoes, gravy and a veg. If I can’t handle it, I’ll warm up some soup.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:01 AM

35,089 posts, read 43,275,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
Have a happy birthday Karen in NH! Stay warm! It is crazy cold here. I imagine it is even colder there.

Last night's turkey. Of course my Blitzen is patiently waiting for something to fall.
Tonight I am making a red sauce, meatballs and ziti. I have half a loaf of kalamata bread in the freezer. I will defrost and serve with dinner.
Iím glad I bought a small turkey while they were on sale. I will look forward to having it in a month or two. Iím still working on the last of the turkey soup though.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:39 AM

14,010 posts, read 7,569,602 times
Quote:
Blitzen looks like he may not want to wait for something to fall.

A friends, black lab, named Buckwheat (yeah you get it), pulled an entire roast out of the broiler, and at it. Nothing left. He also ate an entire birthday cake which was sitting in the middle of their huge dining room table. They thought it was safe there. All they found were lick marks on the pan. Sneaky little b*stards>

Old 01-02-2018, 10:18 AM

69,803 posts, read 80,230,085 times
well the snacks are all eaten up, most of the cookies and candy have gone away and the trash is filled with empty wine bottles. Now it is time to get back in the swing of things. We are having left over prime rib with rice, a green salad and sauteed squash. it is nice to see football over as much as I love it. So now it is back to watching our favorite TV programs while we enjoy dinner in front of the TV.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:29 AM

6,934 posts, read 3,089,949 times
Two leftovers (from NYE and NYD).

From NYE, the hostess asked everyone to take leftover bocadillos home (small sandwiches with meat and cheeses). I will remake into paninis by pressing.

Yesterday we had friends over for ATK (America Test Kitchen) version of Moroccan Chicken. It was great (have made before). They brought dessert and left behind some gelato from a local Italian stand.

Life is good!

Old 01-02-2018, 10:33 AM

14,010 posts, read 7,569,602 times
My dog, a large German Shorthaired Pointer, once grabbed a sandwich off our coffee table, and swallowed it WHOLE before I could even react. I kept telling my stepson not to leave it there, and wham. Gone.

He had that same face that Blitzen has. "What? Me?"

I am probably having left over pork, and sauerkraut for dinner, or maybe I'll make a homemade pizza.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:11 PM

3,321 posts, read 2,215,847 times
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Tonight we are having crab cakes, clam chowder with bacon, coleslaw, champagne and lemon meringue pie for dessert.

magicshark, Mr. Blitzen deserves his share of that turkey! Who could say no to such a sweet little face?

Last edited by Praline; 01-02-2018 at 01:36 PM..

Old 01-02-2018, 12:19 PM

20,071 posts, read 13,879,013 times
Quote:

Yes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Karen!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or