U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 08:28 PM

15,505 posts, read 23,539,700 times

Advertisements

Three or four times per year:
- popcorn
- breakfast cereal
- sunflower seeds

Once per year:
- steel cut oatmeal
- hot dog (thanks for reminding me, NYC Refugee)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 08:40 PM

11,724 posts, read 8,863,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
chocolate-covered cherries. happy memories of my dad giving them to me for Valentines Day. I like cherries, and chocolate is fine, but the sugary liquor is overwhelming. One or two a year is plenty.
My father bought a box of those every Christmas, and I continue the tradition. Unfortunately, no one will touch them but me.

Old 01-04-2018, 09:52 PM

1,200 posts, read 709,238 times
A Philadelphia cheesesteak. I've gone years without eating one until the craving hits.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:10 PM

881 posts, read 246,038 times
Malted milk balls.
Pickeld herring
Smoked oysters
Godivas dark chocolate, pretty much any of their chocolate.
Barbecue potato chips
Smoked salmon

Only occasionally crave these things and rarely indulge, except the potato chips, I get a single serving bag about once a month.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:14 PM

1,147 posts, read 358,254 times
A fried bologna sandwich ( which really isn't the same as the ones from childhood because now I eat gluten-free bread.)

Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM

65,693 posts, read 73,913,074 times
wow: I guess peanut butter toast comes to my mind first, followed by liverwurst. I also have to go along with the Frito binge; rarely do we eat any junk foods like that, but once in awhile I just have to have a couple handfuls. Another one, is Burger King: maybe twice a year, but when I have a craving for one, I can't help thinking of it until I get one.

Old Yesterday, 10:54 AM

2,422 posts, read 1,075,481 times
An entire slice of cheese cake. Usually, I'll just have a bite or two of someone else's, but occasionally I'll spring for the whole thing.

Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM

4,075 posts, read 6,569,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
What food or drink do you get a craving for, but only occasionally? And once you have had it, that's it for another year or so?

I'll start -
Marshmallow peeps, about one a year is all I need. More if I am making smores with them ;-)

Circus peanuts - haven't had them in years, I would like one or two, but whenever I feel the package in the store, they feel stale (yes, I am THAT person).

My Royal Dansk butter cookies, one tin a year is fine.

Also stroopwafels, I got a craving and bought a big lot on Ebay and have been eating them sparingly since. I think they will last though.
I get the craving to devour German Chocolate cake to the point of near death every so often. My all time records is five of them in one Thanksgiving week end during my junior year in High School.

I was our Wrestling teams Heavyweight and even though I did not have to "make weight" like the others on our team Coach Smith wanted me to keep my weight under 210. On the night of our last weigh in before the long Thanksgiving week end I weighed 208#. The next weigh in on Monday I tipped the scales at 232#. My coach almost died from shock and i know I almost died from the extra laps and time spent locked into the steam cabinet.

Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM

659 posts, read 240,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wow: I guess peanut butter toast comes to my mind first, followed by liverwurst. I also have to go along with the Frito binge; rarely do we eat any junk foods like that, but once in awhile I just have to have a couple handfuls. Another one, is Burger King: maybe twice a year, but when I have a craving for one, I can't help thinking of it until I get one.
Not too closely, I hope.... PB &L sandwich, mmmmm....

Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM

4,251 posts, read 2,955,348 times
Butter tarts! or Butter tart squares...

They are my absolute weakness but I try to steer clear of them because of my waistline. I could gobble up a dozen if I allowed myself to binge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink