U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 01:46 PM

2,957 posts, read 1,901,870 times

Advertisements

a bowl of Frosted Flakes or Corn Puffs
sweet potato pie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 04:58 PM

9,309 posts, read 5,358,334 times
Fried chicken liver with gravy

Ok...it sounds terrible but I grew up where you didn't waste meat so its from my childhood. And I am sure livers are toxic but once in a while I get a huge craving. Not even once a year, less. But the people I am around are horrified.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:27 PM

677 posts, read 247,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Butter tarts! or Butter tart squares...

They are my absolute weakness but I try to steer clear of them because of my waistline. I could gobble up a dozen if I allowed myself to binge.
not familiar with these, what are they?

Old 01-05-2018, 06:08 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,793,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
What food or drink do you get a craving for, but only occasionally? And once you have had it, that's it for another year or so?

I'll start -
Marshmallow peeps, about one a year is all I need. More if I am making smores with them ;-)

Circus peanuts - haven't had them in years, I would like one or two, but whenever I feel the package in the store, they feel stale (yes, I am THAT person).

My Royal Dansk butter cookies, one tin a year is fine.

Also stroopwafels, I got a craving and bought a big lot on Ebay and have been eating them sparingly since. I think they will last though.
Moose Tracks Ice Cream *(can't remember the last time I had it)
Carrot Cake *(can't remember the last time I had it)
Apple Pie (only @ Thanksgiving)
Blueberry pie (only @ Christmas)
Tres Leches Cake (only for my/my sister's birthday)
Peeps (only at Easter)
Martinelli's Apple Juice (only when I have pizza or a great grilled hamburger)
Cheetos (sometimes this is the only thing I want for dinner)
Potato Chips and Diet Coke; an oxymoron if I ever saw one. (sometimes, just because)

* All my sense of propriety disappears so it's just better that I don't look for these at the grocery/bakery

During the rest of the year these are my distractions for my sweet tooth and it works

Cream Top Maple whole milk yogurt
Oui by Yoplait - B-berry, lemon and peach flavors

Old 01-05-2018, 06:49 PM

4,861 posts, read 6,190,595 times
Summer sausage. We only eat it during the Christmas/New Year holiday season. It's enough for a year.

Old 01-05-2018, 06:50 PM

37,125 posts, read 28,352,420 times
Pizza - I hardly ever buy it or want it but once in awhile it really hits the spot.

Raw oysters - they have to be fresh and I have to be in the mood - or in the mood to be in the mood. LOL

Jello with Cool Whip - you know, my husband had to go on a liquid diet for a couple of days recently but he could eat jello and I had totally forgotten how good it can be! CAN be. With Cool Whip. Total trash food I guess but hey, it's good about once every ten years I guess.

BBQ - I'm not a big meat eater but once in awhile a girl just wants some BBQ.

Sorry to whoever mentioned this up thread - I'm never in the mood for Circus Peanuts. Never. My grandmother used to always have those on hand as if they were the greatest thing since sliced bread and whenever we (and then later my kids) would get in from school she'd be like, "WHO WANTS A CIRCUS PEANUT OR TWO?" and she'd be met with total silence. My gosh, what are those things even made of? BLECH.

Every once in awhile I want a BLT and nothing else will do.

Wedding cake - I go to very few weddings so whenever I do, I usually enjoy a piece of the cake. So sugary, so decadent, so unlike anything I ever make at home! I couldn't eat it often but once a year or so is fine.

Martini - I don't drink "hard liquor" very often and you can't get much harder than a martini, but when I do order one, from my favorite "date" restaurant, every last sip is fabulous.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:48 PM

9,309 posts, read 5,358,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Pizza - I hardly ever buy it or want it but once in awhile it really hits the spot.

Raw oysters - they have to be fresh and I have to be in the mood - or in the mood to be in the mood. LOL

Jello with Cool Whip - you know, my husband had to go on a liquid diet for a couple of days recently but he could eat jello and I had totally forgotten how good it can be! CAN be. With Cool Whip. Total trash food I guess but hey, it's good about once every ten years I guess.

BBQ - I'm not a big meat eater but once in awhile a girl just wants some BBQ.

Sorry to whoever mentioned this up thread - I'm never in the mood for Circus Peanuts. Never. My grandmother used to always have those on hand as if they were the greatest thing since sliced bread and whenever we (and then later my kids) would get in from school she'd be like, "WHO WANTS A CIRCUS PEANUT OR TWO?" and she'd be met with total silence. My gosh, what are those things even made of? BLECH.

Every once in awhile I want a BLT and nothing else will do.

Wedding cake - I go to very few weddings so whenever I do, I usually enjoy a piece of the cake. So sugary, so decadent, so unlike anything I ever make at home! I couldn't eat it often but once a year or so is fine.

Martini - I don't drink "hard liquor" very often and you can't get much harder than a martini, but when I do order one, from my favorite "date" restaurant, every last sip is fabulous.
Your post made me LOL

Jell-O w/ cool whip! I was on a diet once and I ate tones of it...but mixed together to make a cloudy concoction. Loved it! Cant imagine I would eat it if I didn't have to...but not bad. (Sugar free instant pudding mixed with cool whip is also awesome)

Once I was in a place where I couldn't make my own food and the menu was very short. I ate a BLT every lunch for 5 weeks. You would think I would hate them (I did after 3 weeks). But now they are an awesome treat.

I have never been to a wedding that had a real wedding cake. Thanks Millennials LOL

I actually dislike pizza. But once in a blue moon I get the urge and its amazing. Then my stomach reminds me why I don't like it.

Old 01-05-2018, 09:34 PM

1,379 posts, read 893,572 times
A Burger King Bacon Double Cheeseburger with a chocolate shake. About once a year I just have to have one.

Old 01-05-2018, 09:36 PM

4,270 posts, read 2,969,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
not familiar with these, what are they?
MMmmm! Sweet, buttery goodness in your favorite tart shell recipe. I like them runny like in the photo, not firm and with chopped walnuts, not raisins

https://www.rockrecipes.com/wp-conte...er-Tarts-6.jpg

Here's one recipe but there are many versions with slight changes.

Award-Winning Butter Tarts Recipe - Genius Kitchen

Old 01-05-2018, 11:20 PM

5,009 posts, read 1,797,584 times
Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, the whole bag, washed down with Diet Mountain Dew or Mexican Coke. Then I lie down for awhile as all the chemicals course through my body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink