U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 11:02 PM

13,911 posts, read 10,015,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
chocolate-covered cherries. happy memories of my dad giving them to me for Valentines Day. I like cherries, and chocolate is fine, but the sugary liquor is overwhelming. One or two a year is plenty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
My father bought a box of those every Christmas, and I continue the tradition. Unfortunately, no one will touch them but me.
My dad's stepdaughter used to bring them every year for my dad at Christmas when I was a kid. I loved them. And you're right, steiconi, that liquid is too much. It surely would be much better making homemade ones without all that junk. But, still, nice memories. Every time I hear about chocolate-covered cherries, that's what I think of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 03:04 AM

1,572 posts, read 583,271 times
McDonalds. It's been about two years. Been thinking about it.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:19 AM

15,778 posts, read 18,200,135 times
Chocolate gravy and biscuits.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:32 AM

20,331 posts, read 25,291,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
What food or drink do you get a craving for, but only occasionally? And once you have had it, that's it for another year or so?

Also stroopwafels, I got a craving and bought a big lot on Ebay and have been eating them sparingly since. I think they will last though.

What are stroopwafels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
Moose Tracks Ice Cream *(can't remember the last time I had it)
When you do track down the Moose Tracks look for the "Extreme" Moose Tracks...OMG so much better. I got a sample when I went to the Mayfield factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
My dad's stepdaughter used to bring them every year for my dad at Christmas when I was a kid. I loved them. And you're right, steiconi, that liquid is too much. It surely would be much better making homemade ones without all that junk. But, still, nice memories. Every time I hear about chocolate-covered cherries, that's what I think of.
IT's funny how different foods and treats can bring memories back. I used to love those cherries but haven't had them in years. It was a Christmas thing when I was a kid. I tried making homemade ones one time and I haven't hit on a good recipe...yet

And back to occasional cravings:

Cheesecake which I love but rarely eat.
Cannolis
Chocolate Italian Ices
Zeppoles
Mallomars
Cadbury Eggs
Candy Corn

Terra Chips

Sun Chips...Harvest Cheddar

BBQ Ribs...yum
Turkey dinner
Prime Rib

Fresca...I'm not a soda drinker but one of those ice cold is so good to me.
Hot Chocolate

Old 01-06-2018, 08:21 AM

1,598 posts, read 645,688 times
ETA - this pic comes from Target's website, but I have never been able to find these in Target. I think you need a Supertarget.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:19 AM

40,118 posts, read 32,027,572 times
Quote:
ETA - this pic comes from Target's website, but I have never been able to find these in Target. I think you need a Supertarget.
We got a box at World Market a few weeks ago.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:38 AM

50,432 posts, read 49,771,590 times
It used to be candy corn around Halloween. I cannot have a few pieces of candy corn. I will eat the whole bag until I feel sick from it, and I will feel sick for a day or two. They don't call it candy crack for nothing.

In the past few years, I've had some struggles with blood sugar after having to take high doses of prednisone for a medical condition, and so I have now let two Halloweens pass without eating candy corn.

It's probably for the best.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:39 AM

50,432 posts, read 49,771,590 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
We got a box at World Market a few weeks ago.
OMG, they look awesome...and there's a World Market ten minutes away.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:52 AM

40,118 posts, read 32,027,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
OMG, they look awesome...and there's a World Market ten minutes away.
Go get you some!

To me, they're good but I prefer Happy Hippos or shortbread. But that's just me.

As for candy corn - OMG. There's no such thing as moderation with me so I just don't buy it and then I scrounge around for it at Halloween. I saw that someone had filled a candle jar thingie up and put one of those fake flame candles in it for a centerpiece and I thought "Well, that's pretty but it would never last at my house."

Old 01-06-2018, 02:46 PM

7,660 posts, read 10,017,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
A fried bologna sandwich ( which really isn't the same as the ones from childhood because now I eat gluten-free bread.)
As kids, we used to eat a piece of fried bologna, along side a fried egg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or