Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 10:33 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
Duke's mayonnaise. When I lived in Virginia many moons ago I fell deeply in love with it. They do not sell it up in Massachusetts. I can get it from Amazon but at much higher price. I stock up every trip I take down south. I also have friends and relatives bring it up for me when they travel.
That's terrible! In PA, you can sometimes find it in WalMart and odd discount stores. When my husband used to travel for business to VA, GA, or FL., he was required to return home with Duke's. I've suffered some long dry spells.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 10:39 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Mackintosh toffee, Regal Crown sours. They are candies which sometimes used to be available when I was a child. I've heard that Nestle's now makes Mackintosh and that you can find it through Walmart but I'll bet it's not as rich and good as it used to be.

Sometimes I have trouble finding canned, pitted sour cherries.
Regal Crown sours. My mom adored them, and even as a little kid, I ate one once in a while.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:54 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaSoup View Post
...Datil peppers - yum!
Yeah, those are very tasty peppers. I first encountered them in St. Augustine, FL. I also like the way they fry shrimp in St. Augustine - two lobes of shrimp meat hanging from a crispy tail.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:42 AM

442 posts, read 496,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Yeah, those are very tasty peppers. I first encountered them in St. Augustine, FL. I also like the way they fry shrimp in St. Augustine - two lobes of shrimp meat hanging from a crispy tail.

Ha! St. Augustine is where I fell in love, too. I crave them!!!

Old 01-11-2018, 01:08 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
I wish I could get Skyline in New Mexico. But the canned stuff is so expensive. Even at Kroger stores right in Cincinatti.

Far cheaper to make it from scratch, but it is a lot of work for the quantities I am interested in making. I should try the mix.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:14 PM

569 posts, read 671,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I had an uncle who inherited the family Polish deli on Michigan Ave, in Blue Island in Chicago. He used to send us the best Polish sausage. I can't tell you how many Polish sausages I've bought over the years trying to find that good flavor again.

It's no use. Minnesotans can't make Polish sausage!
We cannot seem to find the Polish sausage my husband loves here (CA). His mom sends him some periodically from Virginia (she gets it maybe in DC, not sure). He goes bananas when he gets a package from her!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink