Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 10:35 AM

496 posts, read 411,743 times

Advertisements

A hoagie from a tiny place in my home town. The roll was made in house and it was amazing. Sadly now closed.

Home made cheese that my daughter bought in Mexico. The best I have ever had.

A sonoran hotdog and Jamaica agua fresca.

Green corn tamale breakfast with eggs, beans and amazing salsa from a little place in Tucson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 10:38 AM

12,042 posts, read 8,421,785 times
My mother's pheasant. She'd dip it in flour, brown it in butter and then roast it with half and half and make gravy out of the drippings. What a treat!

My father made a good beef and pork roast browned and roasted together that made a very tasty gravy.

The third is a toss-up. I love a Maine lobster tail with butter and lemon. A friend's old family recipe for Italian sauce made with beef, pork and Italian sausage and rigatoni. Cobb salad with good bleu cheese.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:54 AM

6,341 posts, read 4,905,591 times
Cheeseburger.
Cheeseburger.
Cheeseburger.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:56 AM

10,895 posts, read 7,389,984 times
The crusty bits from roasted meat.
pork, lamb, beef, chicken, turkey, duck; it's all good and crunchy.

When I was in the hospital, unable to eat solid food, I would watch cooking shows and fantasize about those lovely, crusty proteins!

Old 02-04-2018, 11:05 AM

126,277 posts, read 19,048,524 times
My mother was an amazing cook.All her game dishes were amazingly tasty,as well all her soups.I loved her apricot dumplings with melted butter and cinnamon sugar.When little I loved her black forest ham egg noodle casserole served with ice lettuce in a lemon,sugar,cream sauce.Her desserts where heavenly delicious.I loved the sandwiches she prepared for us all.I sure miss her cooking.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:29 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Massaman curry.

Tom Kha Gai.

Sushi.

Memphis barbecue, accompanied by corn on the cob and a perfectly ripe heirloom tomato, still warm from the sun. Cole slaw only if I make it myself.

Shrimp and grits.

Baby bok choy with shiitake mushrooms.

Rare filet mignon and twice-baked potato.

Food truck tacos.

Salad of mixed baby greens with herbs. Dressing and add-ons variable.

Smoked salmon with cream cheese on a fresh bagel, topped with chopped red onions and capers.

BACON.

Good thing you removed those limits, OP!

Old 02-04-2018, 11:33 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
I almost can't answer this. It's too contextual for me, and I generally get way too excited about food.

Things that are burned into my memory....

The jagerschnitzel I had with a lager while dining with one of my best friends at our favorite pub after a long hike in crisp autumn woods.

A grass fed steak in Ireland with a crisp cider dining with my two high school best friends while we were on a trip to celebrate our 40th birthdays.

My first green chili breakfast burrito after I moved to Denver.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:49 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,418,195 times
A simple lobster sandwich enjoyed from the deck of a cafe in Digby, Nova Scotia, overlooking the bay.

A crab cake dinner prepared by me on the deck on our former home with all of my husband's family.

Korean bbq in Koreatown in L.A.

Old 02-04-2018, 02:12 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,869,838 times
fresh broiled lobsters right off the beach, with garlic butter for dipping...

a perfectly rare steak, with the crispy fat on the edge and bloody rare in the middle, with a nice sauce...

theres also a noodle bowl I really find delicious called yentafo...
(it has tender morning glory leaves, is spicy and vinegary at the same time, different kinds of protein, and a white wood ear fungus/ mushroom that has a delicate texture I love)...

Old 02-04-2018, 03:00 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
I'll go first.

Homemade aioli (garlic mayonnaise with lemon juice and virgin olive oil).

Pizza (in Italy) with capers and anchovies. (I know - anchovies are major tun off for some). First tasted this when I was 9 and the anchovies may have been fresher/different from the canned kind we get here in the U.S. I still ove the though!

Mussels in creme fraiche (similar to sour cream but a little sweeter) /thyme/wine sauce.

Recipes on request, except for the pizza which I kind of have to improvise with American ingredients.
Vegetarian but these are my favorite.

2) Tiramisu
3) Vegan mofongo and Tostones with Pinto beans on the side .
4) Baklawa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink