U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 09:11 AM

12,964 posts, read 6,854,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Yes, you are the only one, and we would shoot you if we could.

Just kidding, we won't shoot you. But we will make fun of you endlessly.

Ketchup is for fries. You want ketchup on your beef, go have dinner with the pres. But not in TX baby!
Well, it's a matter of the temp and the consistency of the beef - lots of people have ketchup on hamburgers, meatloaf, etc. but not on roast beef (either hot or cold) or on steak - even though steak sauce may have tomatoes as a small portion of the ingredients as a base but usually aren't actually very tomato-y.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 10:29 AM

2,939 posts, read 1,201,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Well, it's a matter of the temp and the consistency of the beef - lots of people have ketchup on hamburgers, meatloaf, etc. but not on roast beef (either hot or cold) or on steak - even though steak sauce may have tomatoes as a small portion of the ingredients as a base but usually aren't actually very tomato-y.
You forgot someone who likes ketchup on steak. His name rhymes with "Ronald Thump" .

Old 03-06-2018, 10:42 AM

2,144 posts, read 2,780,210 times
Funny, my Mom insisted on catsup on her ham sandwiches. Even back then I was appalled! But, to each his own. If that is the way you like it, bring your own. Subway doesn't carry catsup.

Old 03-06-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Funny, my Mom insisted on catsup on her ham sandwiches. Even back then I was appalled! But, to each his own. If that is the way you like it, bring your own. Subway doesn't carry catsup.
I like Arby's horsey sauce (which you can MacGyver out of mayo and horseradish) on most cold cuts sandwiches, except possibly chicken. Subway doesn't carry its own version of it, either, unfortunately.

Old 03-06-2018, 01:38 PM

529 posts, read 257,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
I personally don’t like Subway. I’ve gotten food poisoning from there once and never went back. Much better choices for subs out there anyway IMO! Jimmy Johns, Jersey Mike’s, Which wich, etc.
That's nice....

Around here we enjoy ketchup and especially ketchup with mayonnaise on our Subway sandwiches. A couple of the local shops tried to stop carrying it a few years ago but after complaints, calls to corporate, letters to the paper etc they are smartly carrying it again.

Old 03-06-2018, 01:42 PM

12,448 posts, read 9,968,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
I personally donít like Subway. Iíve gotten food poisoning from there once and never went back. Much better choices for subs out there anyway IMO! Jimmy Johns, Jersey Mikeís, Which wich, etc.
There are over 44,000 Subway locations worldwide.

Old 03-06-2018, 01:46 PM

7,340 posts, read 3,585,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janet bubby View Post
That's nice....

Around here we enjoy ketchup and especially ketchup with mayonnaise on our Subway sandwiches. A couple of the local shops tried to stop carrying it a few years ago but after complaints, calls to corporate, letters to the paper etc they are smartly carrying it again.
Complaints, calls to corporate, letters to the paper over CONDIMENTS?

Imagine if people put as much effort into real issues!

Old 03-06-2018, 02:39 PM

12,305 posts, read 9,908,532 times
They carried ketchup when they had tator tots. They haven't had tator tots in years so no need to stock ketchup. It's rare that someone asks for ketchup on a deli sandwich. I worked at a Subway for like 9 months years ago and no one ever asked me for ketchup unless they were buying tator tots.

Old 03-06-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
They carried ketchup when they had tator tots. They haven't had tator tots in years so no need to stock ketchup. It's rare that someone asks for ketchup on a deli sandwich. I worked at a Subway for like 9 months years ago and no one ever asked me for ketchup unless they were buying tator tots.
There's a hot dog place in near Chicago (Gene & Jude's in River Grove, IL) that doesn't stock ketchup at all, not even for fries. They do it on principle; they don't want to run the risk of customers putting it on a hot dog. (Because you NEVER put ketchup on a hot dog in Chicago. ) Most people just eat them plain or make do with mustard. Or they bring in ketchup packets swiped from the neighboring McDonald's.

I see a business opportunity: bring in the packets, and sell them to other customers for $0.25 each or 5 for $1.

Old 03-06-2018, 05:46 PM

5,468 posts, read 6,362,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
You want ketchup on your beef, go have dinner with the pres. But not in TX baby!
I lived in TX, I put ketchup on everything, especially chicken-fried steak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or