U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 01:34 PM

15,292 posts, read 4,812,883 times

Advertisements

In the 40 yrs of working and didn't have time nor was hungry for breakfast at 7AM, I kept hard boiled eggs in refrig and that was some good protein to get me going besides coffee..

Handful of walnuts is a good thought too. And keep avocados and eat 1/2 or so with more good nutrients.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2018, 01:46 PM

7,963 posts, read 4,899,784 times
Google, "Dry Toast"

Old 03-09-2018, 02:34 PM

3,693 posts, read 1,191,817 times
If you don't want to eat it, don't eat it. Not everyone can eat when they first wake up.

Old 03-09-2018, 03:34 PM

9,377 posts, read 12,920,345 times
I had same issue. Didn't like breakfast. So I simply stopepd eating it. Says who you MUST eat it? As far as you are not hungry, exhausted and compensate with proper food intake through the day - where is it carved in stone that you MUST have breakfast?
here's another approach. When you wake up, GI is still asleep. yet, you dump - in rush, usually - some "food" into it, FORCING it to at least try to do something about it. So most of it not processed, digested and ends as sediment somewhere far down the road in GI tract.
So try this. Wake up, do what needs to be done nature call after night, have half a glass of WARM water to wake up your GI - then eat WHEN you start feeling hungry. It may be an hour or two down the road. GI may take up to 3 hrs to wake up. Eat ONLY enough to quench that hunger. No more, no less. Hungry again - eat again.
Natural schedule. All you need to do is to differentiate between "I am hungry" and "I want food". Also, be very conscientious around social situations, like lunches , dinners etc, as they are likely not to be on your natural "schedule" and then you must have enough courage to say - thank you, it's great food and pleasure being here, but at the moment I'll not eat. Enjoy YOUR food. And if they start pressing with "why" questions, just put the most enigmatic smile on your face and lower your sight. Like as if you know some great deep wisdom you are following.
Same goes for fluid intake, by the way. Drink only when thirsty. Forget all that donk about cups or liters of fluid a day. If you have weight issue you already have TOO MUCH water in you. Burn THAT.

Old 03-09-2018, 04:00 PM

9,914 posts, read 2,804,707 times
Iím not s big fan of breakfast either. I actually feel nauseous if I eat too soon after waking up. I usually make a protein shake that had a ton of vitamins and it keeps me full till lunch.

Old 03-09-2018, 04:16 PM

1,694 posts, read 525,032 times
Take control of your own diet. Don't let anyone tell you what you need to do. But find out enough about nutrition that you can make sound decisions for yourself.

Old 03-09-2018, 04:57 PM

15,292 posts, read 4,812,883 times
In retirement life, I am so ready for my high protein breakfast at about 9:30...rest of the day I eat when I feel like it.

Old 03-09-2018, 05:23 PM

6,113 posts, read 7,124,278 times
I was never a breakfast eater. If I was made to eat before school, I ended up vomiting before I got there. When I started working, I wasn't interested in getting up early enough to eat breakfast. When I had children, half of them felt the same aversion as I to eating in the morning.

A few years ago, my youngest, a personal trainer, suggested I try to eat something in the morning. At the same time, I was beginning a walking regimen so I started to eat "just a little something".

A piece of fruit; a yoghurt; a piece of toast with peanut butter. Eventually, I decided I needed more than these teasers and started to plan for a bigger breakfast. I'd hard boil a half dozen eggs, peel them and put them in the fridge. Cook a pound of bacon, put it in the fridge with the eggs. One morning, I'd have an egg and a slice of toast. Another, a slice of bread with a piece of bacon. Some days, just fruit.

It got to be a habit and now I eat a good breakfast every day. Surprisingly, I have maintained my weight regardless of how much exercise I do. I attribute it to eating before I get so hungry I over-eat.

FWIW, I think I hated the idea of making breakfast every day so having some items already cooked
makes it much easier. Even on days when I'm not eating pre-cooked stuff, it only takes a minute and a half to microwave a bowl of oatmeal while toast is in the toaster oven.

Start out with something light and easy to prepare and you may just find yourself enjoying breakfast.

Old 03-09-2018, 05:31 PM

5,045 posts, read 12,324,316 times
I'm not a breakfast eater, either....but if you're worried about calories, breakfast is the time to eat them! Just go easy the rest of the day!

Old 03-09-2018, 06:51 PM

23,598 posts, read 30,274,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
Anyone else hate having to eat breakfast? I know, "it's the most important meal of the day." But I am not hungry in the morning, and when I have some coffee that also makes me feel full. I'd rather have a few cups of coffee all morning and skip breakfast (I put hot chocolate in my coffee), but I guess that's a bad idea? I don't get really hungry til around 10:00 and I can't have a large meal then because I'm at work and it will mess up lunch. I have been making myself eat breakfast for a while now (homemade omelet) but I have to force myself to make it on the weekends, and eat it every day...I'd rather not. What's the minimum a healthy person should eat in the morning? Is a banana better than nothing? I'm not a big fruit eater and I don't like protein bars.
You don't have to eat breakfast if you are not hungry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink