U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 07:01 AM

9,101 posts, read 3,923,269 times

Advertisements

I also don't like eating breakfast until I've been awake 2-3 hours, however I have low hypoglycemia so I must have a little protein at breakfast. I put real cream in my coffee or half and half if I'm having tea. I have a slice of Ezekiel toast with almond butter or Ezekiel cereal with some berries or a banana. (Both the toast and the bread are sprouted, not the usual garbage in our bread and cereals).

If you have no issues with blood sugar try a simple piece of toast or hard boiled egg or take the egg to work for when you get hungry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 07:07 AM

10,608 posts, read 13,377,851 times
TL;DR: No problem then, don't eat till you're hungry but eat healthy.

Wall of text LOL:

It's not the most important meal of the day.

That's the cereal industry promoting their non-food foods.

It's the time when you are the most insulin resistant.

The liver dumps glucose overnight to prepare you for waking up and working. Humans use the glycogen for brains and muscles and some other cells and organs - it's all metabolically connected. NORMAL non resistant people's bodies manage that dump effectively and their sugar remains in normal zone. Resistant people spike and stay spiked for awhile.

The number ONE thing you actually DO need is hydration. WATER. Not a GALLON, just a normal amount. NOT coffee and crap drinks, WATER. You need half the amount of water to be hydrated than you do other drinks. And while we're on the topic of hydration, LOW SODIUM. WAY WAY lower than the govt sanctioned 2300 per day. Do more like 600 per day added sodium. I get all mine from food.

I'd say the second most important thing you DO need is to focus on Omega 6 to 3 ratios in a healthy way. People eating crap food (vegan or animal type - doesn't matter) have a heart stopping ratio of 17:1 instead of 3:1 or even 1:1. The imbalance causes inflammation of your arteries and THEN when you eat the CRAP FOOD, the stuff from the CRAP FOOD gets clogged in there. Like a firm zit. And creates a WALL, like a traffic cop, refusing to let the HEALTHY nutritional stuff penetrate or be realized by your body's cell receptors. And let's remember the American diet is sorely pathetic in the area of nutrition anyway.

So you start getting physical issues. Fat. Weak. Diabetic. Diseased. Mental Imbalance. Malnutrition. Even SKIN issues. THEN eventually a chunk of it breaks off and you get a stroke or heart attack. (and alot of other stuff before then along the way) Obviously I'm using shorthand speak LOL.

So that Omega THREE is critical to everything, too. You can get that by starting with a tablespoon of ground flaxseed meal or 2 per day. Do NOT believe the processed food labels claiming "OMEGA 3!!!" They baked the crap out of that pitiful amount of Omega 3 they tossed in there.

I saw that one on some crap crackers this week LOL. Like Cheese Nips or something.

Some experts believe the Krill/Fish oil is better than flaxseed meal. I use flaxseed meal and I also use a DHA EPA liquid from algae. Every now and then I'll do a fish oil. Like, two a month LOL.

This is why children now are seeing Childhood Heart Disease (and diabetes off the wall)

So find a time during the day to toss that flaxseed meal in something you're eating. Whole oat grouts (oatmeal) could work if you'll eat it.

The THIRD most important thing you need is FIBER. At least 25 to 35 grams per day minimum. For all types of things from processing glucose to heart health.

IF YOU EAT healthfully all the rest of the time, you can easily thrive on an overnight fast. That's why breakfast is called Break-fast.

And those fasting hours are up to you. Typically, someone will not eat after dinner time until around 12 hours later if they're trying to eat in a healthy way focused on nutritionally dense foods...and let the body process the foods it already ate.

BUT if you eat crappy, then you'll suffer all the side effects, eventually. Exhaustion, lack of focus etc. And by crappy I mean not eating REAL food that came out of the ground and eating A LOT OF IT.

If you have no real appetite you can simply eat some fruit and a COUPLE of nuts. NOT A CUP FULL. But waiting and eating an early lunch would probably work best for you. IF YOU KNOW YOUR BODY and are a healthy eater.

And even diabetics can eat fruit so don't let that become an "issue".

Why can't your first and mid day meal BOTH be at 10 AM. Then have dinner later. and you're finished eating for the day.

I personally eat vegs, fruit and a small amount of nuts/ seeds around 9 AM. But I eat what some people would consider "wierd". Joel Fuhrman, MD Eat to Live. Nutritarian eating. And I don't use animal products.

Lately I'm eating a combo of raw: celery, fennel, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, and some berries.

I also rarely eat food as liquids (like "smoothies" or juiced foods). It spikes glucose and sabotages your natural gastric acids from working to their full potential. Another reason why not to drink alot before you eat or with meals.

If you don't adopt some of these healthy habits younger in life, it'll be harder to do later when you MUST. Like when your glucose test reveals you're pre Diabetic or worse. Or when you suddenly have poor bone density and can't ever fix it without taking medications like concrete to keep your bones from breaking. From eating crap processed non foods or the fake new fad "healthy oils". There's no such thing as a healthy oil. Eat the FOOD not the 120 calories of pure non nutrient fat. Olives. Nuts Seeds Avocado. IN MODERATION not all day long haha.

If you're a crappy eater at least take some supplements. I use mostly Garden of Life brand all derived from food.

Magically I had a back full of seborrheic keratosis disappear after changing my eating and adding supplements when I was short for the day. I also tested low on Vitamin D and my doctor blew it off and blew off the keratosis as "not cancer". When I noticed those things disappeared I was like "that's weird" and researched better this time. As it turns out, they are from NUTRITIONAL deficiencies. Vitamin D and Bs! This was after 5 months of eating correctly (high high levels of greens and vegs (both raw and cooked together), nuts, seeds and some beans - 1 C per day minimum.)

Last edited by runswithscissors; 03-10-2018 at 07:58 AM..

Old 03-10-2018, 07:55 AM

10,119 posts, read 16,716,797 times
I donít eat breakfast most days and am much thinner than I was when I forced it down.

My meals are lunch, dinner, and snacks.

We are not all the same.

Old 03-10-2018, 08:13 AM

15,148 posts, read 15,204,207 times
I finish my last meal by 5pm at the latest. So when breakfast rolls around, I am looking forward to it.

Old 03-10-2018, 08:25 AM

17,216 posts, read 14,812,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
Anyone else hate having to eat breakfast? I know, "it's the most important meal of the day." But I am not hungry in the morning, and when I have some coffee that also makes me feel full. I'd rather have a few cups of coffee all morning and skip breakfast (I put hot chocolate in my coffee), but I guess that's a bad idea? I don't get really hungry til around 10:00 and I can't have a large meal then because I'm at work and it will mess up lunch. I have been making myself eat breakfast for a while now (homemade omelet) but I have to force myself to make it on the weekends, and eat it every day...I'd rather not. What's the minimum a healthy person should eat in the morning? Is a banana better than nothing? I'm not a big fruit eater and I don't like protein bars.
I drink an Atkins protein shake before I leave for work. There are many brands of these shakes and they are pretty yummy IMO. I swallow a scoop of Chia seeds with it for fiber, but the shake alone would be fine too.

Old 03-10-2018, 08:34 AM

28,199 posts, read 2,196,057 times
If you are not hungry, don't eat. Or have some kind of shake or smoothie.

Old 03-10-2018, 09:39 AM

13,023 posts, read 7,196,376 times
I'm with you NJDevil. I don't do mornings. I get up early for roller skating on Friday mornings (9am kill me now) and I don't eat breakfast before we skate. I just have a cup of tea. We eat a big lunch and I just have a small snack for dinner. Our biggest meal is at noon with something modest for dinner and maybe some fruit at around 7 or 8 pm. I'm up until about 3am which is my usual bed time. Sometimes I go more then 12 hours with having anything to eat. My body is happy with that.

Old 03-10-2018, 12:21 PM

9,375 posts, read 8,446,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
Anyone else hate having to eat breakfast? I know, "it's the most important meal of the day."
According to who? if you are not hungry don't eat. Drink a nice tall glass of water.

Old 03-10-2018, 12:32 PM

13,432 posts, read 24,204,419 times
Either I don't like most typical breakfast foods or they are full of empty(carb) calories. So if I want breakfast, I usually eat leftovers! There is nothing wrong with meatloaf for breakfast!

Old 03-10-2018, 12:47 PM

18,786 posts, read 6,138,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Either I don't like most typical breakfast foods or they are full of empty(carb) calories. So if I want breakfast, I usually eat leftovers! There is nothing wrong with meatloaf for breakfast!
I had wonderful chili that I made the other day, I eat leftovers a lot. Also, keep tuna salad and now working with salmon salads to give me energy for the day. Breads are dead as far as I'm concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink