U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 08:52 AM

91 posts, read 23,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Those places just opened locations near me. I have been going to both and I enjoy them. Which of these chicken joints is the best?
I've never had Chik-Fil-A as the only location here in LV is near the Strip and opened fairly recently. For the life of me I can't figure out the hype around Raising Cane's. I don't have anything against their chicken strips and would certainly go for it if I'm in the mood and near a Cane's, but the fanatical following puzzles me. The only thing that truly stands out is their sauce.

As with many products, I think they did a good job of starting the hype train, and since the chicken certainly isn't bad, I think people were inclined to jump on that train.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2018, 08:57 AM

785 posts, read 386,056 times
I recently tried a Raising Canes and I am completely stumped as to its popularity. While the quality of the chicken was good, the breading literally had no seasoning, and the "special sauce" was nothing better than glorified thousand island dressing. On top of that the cost was high. I have no idea how they compete with Chick Fil A.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:17 AM
gg

16,413 posts, read 16,562,767 times
I love Chick Fil A, but don't eat fast food often. They are always the cleanest and the employees always seem so happy there, not to mention their chicken sandwich is always good. I add mayo. I always get the same thing, just their basic chicken sandwich. Fries are okay.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:42 AM

12,300 posts, read 6,812,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradomom22 View Post
I recently tried a Raising Canes and I am completely stumped as to its popularity. While the quality of the chicken was good, the breading literally had no seasoning, and the "special sauce" was nothing better than glorified thousand island dressing. On top of that the cost was high. I have no idea how they compete with Chick Fil A.
Well said and I agree completely. I'm not sure if it's still true, but Chick-Fil-A was the most popular fast food chain several years in a row. I finally discovered they start their employees off at $12/hour here in Texas. That's very good wages, especially for a fast food job. No wonder the employees have a good attitude. My niece bought her first car from the money she earned working at Chick-Fil-A.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:59 AM

3,506 posts, read 2,576,596 times
Don't frequent either of these places very often, but I did happen to stop at my closest Chick-Fil-A last week and discovered they have added macaroni and cheese to their menu, and it was pretty darn good. Not sure if all the restaurants have it or not.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:14 AM

13,502 posts, read 24,795,370 times
I've only ever been to Cane's once, in Columbus, Ohio when they first came to the area. The sauce seems to be the big deal there, so I guess they don't see the need to season the chicken itself much.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:59 AM

5,333 posts, read 4,091,370 times
I would choose Chic-fil-a nuggets over Cane's tenders. Having said that, Cane's has a great business model. Tenders, Fries, slaw, sauce and that's it. Your only choice is how many of each do you want. To me, this gets back to the roots of fast food. Too many fast food places nowadays try to please everybody which causes them to not be good at any one thing and only mediocre at everything. McDonald's selling salads is just moronic. If their sole focus is on Chicken Tenders, they can perfect their recipe and still keep costs extremely low. The same goes for Chic-fil-a. Focus on chicken stuff and nothing more.

Old 03-12-2018, 11:07 AM

544 posts, read 226,384 times
Hands down I prefer Chick-fil-a, but Raising Cane is quite good as well. Both of my local restaurants have polite workers and are clean. Chick-fil-a workers really do seem to go above and beyond.

My children enjoyed playing in the play area when they were a little younger, so if you have children, that may be a pro.

Because Chick-Fil-a has a play area and in general attracts a family clientele, it can get pretty loud. If I were eating by myself or with a friend, I might prefer Raising Cane.

Old 03-12-2018, 12:11 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,237,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggzy702 View Post
I've never had Chik-Fil-A as the only location here in LV is near the Strip and opened fairly recently. For the life of me I can't figure out the hype around Raising Cane's. I don't have anything against their chicken strips and would certainly go for it if I'm in the mood and near a Cane's, but the fanatical following puzzles me. The only thing that truly stands out is their sauce.

As with many products, I think they did a good job of starting the hype train, and since the chicken certainly isn't bad, I think people were inclined to jump on that train.
I actaully drove to that CLA location. Been to Atlanta a dozen time and never tried it there. Too many good restaurants in Atlanta.

Don't like either. Fail to see what the big deal is on either.

If you are in Vegas go to 'Those Guys" for chicken strips. Actualy huge piece of the breast with very little breading. They were on Diner, Drive ins and Dives, food network.

Old 03-12-2018, 12:37 PM

13,505 posts, read 22,201,073 times
My take:

Went to Zaxby's in the South and I have to say that I have never been served a salad with so much brown lettuce. When shown to the manager, I got the "what's wrong with that" look. It has kept me from going back.

CFA has great food but the cost is prohibitive. For the cost of a small sandwich, fries, and a drink at CFA, I can go to El Pollo Loco, get a large taco salad with roasted chicken, a beverage and save $3. Good food, good politics, but too expensive.

Raisin Canes has very good food and we head there every once in a while. I have to disclose that I have not had to actually pay as I have won a good number of meals at RC while attending various NCAA tournaments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or