Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 02:30 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,927,901 times

Advertisements

Hi foodie folks. So, I ordered a pack of frozen cinnamon rolls from Nutrisystem. They come packed in a styrofoam box with dry ice. They never notified me that they had shipped and when I checked my front porch today, there it was. The dry ice was gone and the cinnamon rolls were at room temperature. They were probably there for a few days and it's been in the 70s here. Should I just put them in the freezer and forget it or is there a bacteria problem I don't know about. They are individually packaged if that helps. Any opinions welcome. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2018, 02:37 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,499,246 times
I'd contact the company and request that they be replaced.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:43 PM

19,436 posts, read 27,823,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I'd contact the company and request that they be replaced.
This. (Actually, I'd contact the company and ask that they cancel my membership because that stuff tastes like **** and is so processed that it's scary. And I eat ANYTHING.)

Old 04-04-2018, 05:02 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,024,160 times
I wouldn't re-freeze or eat ANYTHING that had been previously frozen and then been sitting thawed out at 70's temps for a few days.

As others suggested you could try asking to have them replaced. But I'm thinking you might have problems there because it might not be their responsibility if you didn't advise them that there would be nobody there to receive deliveries of food. Was that company required to notify you when your shipment would be delivered? Were you by any chance required to let the company know that you would not be home to receive deliveries for several days?

Quote:
....... I checked my front porch today, there it was. The dry ice was gone and the cinnamon rolls were at room temperature. They were probably there for a few days and it's been in the 70s here.......

I'm just curious - were you indeed away from home for a few days and just returned today? Otherwise, if you were at home all along, I don't understand (and they won't either) why you would neglect to check your porch every day for deliveries of food or why you would not assign somebody else to be responsible for taking in deliveries for you in your absence when you are expecting deliveries.

Old 04-04-2018, 05:22 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,207,641 times
My first gut feeling is that anybody who can afford to order cinnamon rolls packed in dry ice can afford to blow off the loss of a spoiled shipment. But that's not the question.

Prepare the rolls as per normal, and use the senses you wee born with (sight, smell, common) and judge whether to eat them or not. They probably contain enough preservative chemicals that you could leave them out in the hot sun and rain for a week, and they'd still be fine.

Old 04-04-2018, 09:40 PM

Thank you all. They will replace them as they didn't notify me of the shipment as they were meant to do. I just wondered if I could eat 1 or 2 before the new ones get here. PS - They're delicious, the only thing I buy from them anymore. Quick handy breakfast.

Thanks again.

Old 04-07-2018, 06:23 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Thank you all. They will replace them as they didn't notify me of the shipment as they were meant to do. I just wondered if I could eat 1 or 2 before the new ones get here. PS - They're delicious, the only thing I buy from them anymore. Quick handy breakfast.

Thanks again.
glad they are replacing them for you. I would not have eaten them if they had been siting in 70 degree weather for a few days.

Old 04-07-2018, 11:31 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,210,516 times
I wouldnt throw them out ..save them for friends or relatives that stay too long

Old 04-08-2018, 11:41 AM

32,638 posts, read 48,005,355 times
Since cinnamon rolls can sit out on the counter (like most baked goods ), they are probably ok to eat.

Old 04-08-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Since cinnamon rolls can sit out on the counter (like most baked goods ), they are probably ok to eat.
That's kinda what I thought, but I wasn't sure. The replacements have already arrived. YUM!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink