Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 08:39 PM

128,250 posts, read 11,833,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Everything!!!!! I love salt!
me too & I was so excited to find a large shaker of Himalayan pink salt today!! I do not believe salt is bad for every one, only those who are salt sensitive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 09:47 PM

18,933 posts, read 43,298,885 times
I never add salt to anything. I don’t understand people who add salt to food before they even taste it.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:49 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I never add salt to anything. I don’t understand people who add salt to food before they even taste it.
Some of us, depending on our way of eating, require a lot of sodium. A ketogenic diet requires a lot of sodium.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:55 PM

61,239 posts, read 86,123,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Nothing. I add salt to none of my foods as our food contain more sodium than is needed anyway
But what about when cooking from scratch at home? I couldn't imagine eating meat, or veggies cooked without any added salt.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Some of us, depending on our way of eating, require a lot of sodium. A ketogenic diet requires a lot of sodium.
Meh, I know people who do it out of pure habit, it has nothing to do with their diet.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
But what about when cooking from scratch at home? I couldn't imagine eating meat, or veggies cooked without any added salt.
When I cook, I add adequate salt during the cooking process, I don’t need to add more when I get it to the table.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:37 PM

3,881 posts, read 4,089,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Read about super tasters. Extra taste buds. I'm one. I require copious amounts of salt and I cannot stand the taste of cilantro. It's extremely bitter to me. I can tell you that in my 60 yrs thus far I have never sat down to a meal that someone prepared or in a restaurant that I didn't want more salt on it. My dad used to yell at me as a kid because of how much salt I liked. I'm healthy as a horse. A healthy horse.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...ryId=127914467

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...in-their-genes

Old 04-20-2018, 11:58 PM

4,165 posts, read 2,531,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
me too & I was so excited to find a large shaker of Himalayan pink salt today!! I do not believe salt is bad for every one, only those who are salt sensitive.
Me? I'm a hardcore salty . I skip the salt shaker, and keep my stash of 'Real Salt' brand sea salt in a baggy. That way I can just reach in and get a larger amount more quickly instead of sitting there shaking the shaker forever, lol.

I also have a low normal BP. Usually around 116/78 give, or take. I like the trace minerals that I'm getting along with the sodium. I buy my sea salt in 10 lb pails. It's cheaper that way, and I don't have to order it as often. They have the smaller sizes too. I've been buying this brand for years. It's a very nice salt. And their Earth Paste tooth paste is super. Lemon is my all time favorite.

https://www.amazon.com/Redmond-Natur...onds+real+salt

https://www.amazon.com/Redmond-Earth...nds+toothpaste

-------------------------------------------------------------

Old 04-21-2018, 12:33 AM

8,005 posts, read 10,560,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Nothing. I add salt while I'm cooking. I never salt at the table. I also don't salt when eating out.
Same here. I am a big pepper person, though.

Old 04-21-2018, 04:42 AM

43,330 posts, read 44,045,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
What kinds of food so you add salt to at the table, on your plate, from the salt shaker?

The only things I can think of are eggs, tomato and corn on cob. Probably baked potato, too, but it's OK without salt.

I eat the hearts of things like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, etc., dipped in salt, but that's a stand-up snack, not something I eat as a part of a meal.
Nothing! I only use seasoned salt sometimes for potatoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink