Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 07:06 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times

Advertisements

I gave up getting dinnerly and EveryPlate, for the same reason I, at first, liked it...that is, trying new recipes.

The meals started backing up in the fridge because I felt like having a golden oldie instead. Also, the meal kits were much more labor intensive than my usual type of cooking....Lots of chopping, mincing and sauce making. Some of the directions were overly labor intensive and used more pans than necessary.

If I chose to afford the more expensive kits, I would probably enjoy them more, ecause they are more like a high end restaurant meal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2020, 04:11 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,625,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
do you eat them? are they as good as your own cooking? any downside to buying and eating them? healthy?
I subscribed to Blue Apron for a bit and enjoyed it at first. However, at the end of the day I don't enjoy cooking at all so I transitioned over to Freshly, where the meals come cooked and fresh. Some of the meals are great while other are meh. You can make adjustments as needed. I just didn't like slaving away in the kitchen for hours each weekend just to cook for myself.

Old 06-26-2022, 10:45 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I gave up getting dinnerly and EveryPlate, for the same reason I, at first, liked it...that is, trying new recipes.

The meals started backing up in the fridge because I felt like having a golden oldie instead. Also, the meal kits were much more labor intensive than my usual type of cooking....Lots of chopping, mincing and sauce making. Some of the directions were overly labor intensive and used more pans than necessary.

If I chose to afford the more expensive kits, I would probably enjoy them more, ecause they are more like a high end restaurant meal.
Bumping up this thread to see if recent experiences are any different.

I've tried several -- Hello Fresh, Home Chef, and Hungry Root --- with the goal of tasty, healthy, easy-to-fix alternatives to take-out.

Each had their pluses and minuses, but overall disappointing.

Recipes were often just so so, nothing special, and at least for Hello Fresh and Home Chef, always involved a fair amount of fixing.

Even with all the chopping, and sautéing, would often would need to add a salad or more vegetables as there just wasn't enough for two people.

Though Hungry Root had the easiest meal prep, and I love that you can get Keven's chicken, etc., and their Mediterranean chopped salad is delicious, I still found myself freezing the proteins and throwing out more of the the chopped vegetable than we were eating.

Any meal plans that you all have found work for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink