Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 04:06 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times

Advertisements

I've made them both ways: But I prefer the vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2018, 04:27 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I disagree. Vanilla is a flavoring. You can make a sweet cream base for ice cream and then add flavorings to that- including but not necessarily vanilla.

Exactly! You can make chocolate ice cream replacing the vanilla extract with Kahlua, Creme de Cacao, Almond extract, mint, or any number of different flavorings.

Old 05-14-2018, 04:54 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
You realize that McDs hasn't made a "shake" with real milk and ice cream in oh, fifty years? Most of the chains use machines that dispense shakes directly into the cups. Liquid shake mixes are stored in the machine and frozen just before serving.

I use to love the mickey d strawberry milkshakes, the old way not since they started the gurly whip cream on top. i like the way they had it thirty years ago

Old 05-14-2018, 07:35 PM

3,408 posts, read 1,901,534 times
Try Culver's, and Steak & Shake! I'm thirsty!!

Old 05-15-2018, 08:41 AM

165 posts, read 241,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
Try Culver's, and Steak & Shake! I'm thirsty!!
Have tried Steak & shake. Syrupy. Will try Culver's.

Also any experiences with Chocolate Frosty in Wendy's? I see that they have separate chocolate ice cream option. Does it taste like shake or is it a tradition ice cream types?

Old 05-15-2018, 10:07 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Why would it? Its not called a peanut butter parfait.

I agree. However, I suspect that it was just one of those things that people would look at and 'buster' being so close to 'butter'.. It just blended together in their heads.

It's possible that some people when they ordered it were misreading it and even saying "Peanut Butter Parfait" when they ordered and it wasn't clear enough to hear that's what they were saying.. But.. It was a common thing. so much so that i'd point out that there was no peanut butter and about 50% of people would change their minds. Or.. I had one or two ask if the hot fudge could be replaced with Peanut Butter.. Which.. I thought about for a second and said.. "Sure, why not"..

Old 05-15-2018, 10:21 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curidpostn View Post

Also any experiences with Chocolate Frosty in Wendy's? I see that they have separate chocolate ice cream option. Does it taste like shake or is it a tradition ice cream types?
I would say that Chocolate Frostys are not a particularly rich chocolate flavor, more of a mild one that would be more comparable to a chocolate shake made with vanilla ice cream. But they are cheap enough, you could order a small one from the value menu for $1 and decide for yourself.

Old 05-15-2018, 10:26 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,425,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
We always called it a Brown & White.

And are McDonalds and the like really 'making' shakes or just dumping a packaged mix in a shake machine?
McDonald's and the like use syrup and then add the soft serve ice cream and then put it in the mixer (I have watched them doing it). What most serve as chocolate shakes or any kind of shake are really a smoothie. A true chocolate shake is made with milk, ice cream (vanilla or chocolate) and syrup. Blended for 2 seconds and served. It is more of a drink and not so thick you can't suck it from a straw.

Old 05-15-2018, 10:55 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Umm, you know that chocolate ice cream itself is made from vanilla ice cream, don't you? It's vanilla ice cream with chocolate thrown in.

Fact.

You **can't** make a chocolate milk shake without using vanilla ice cream. No one on the planet does, or ever has.

Bullbleep.

I HATE vanilla ice cream, and LOVE chocolate.

FACT: Regardless of how it's made, chocolate ice cream is not vanilla ice cream.

BTW, since vanilla is, by far, the most popular ice cream flavor, I'm sure many who order a chocolate shake couldn't care less if it's made with vanilla ice cream and a few squirts of Hershey's chocolate-flavored corn syrup; this little girl isn't one of them.

Old 05-15-2018, 03:25 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curidpostn View Post

wendy frosty are chocolate milk, vanilla ice cream and whip cream mix together
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink