Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 01:10 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,273,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I was at a restaurant a few days ago and I overheard someone in the background saying "you're killing yourself with that creamer, it has hydrogenated oil in it!". I came home and looked at mine and sure enough it's there. What about the liquid kind, is it bad too? I may just have to start using powdered milk (yuck). I like creamer in my coffee.
The Coffeemate brand has hyrogenated oil, (the dry and liquid) plus the store brand. International delight doesn't have it as far as I know, at least the flavors that I buy don't. I buy the liquid only. I use hazelnut, french vanilla and cinnamon/vanilla.

Half and half is good,but it also has all saturated fat. People will say you are killing yourself that way too. But, it tastes great in coffee and tea.
I think if you have a couple cups of coffee with creamer or half n half in it, that it won't kill you. If you have 20 cups a day, then maybe. If you give up everything you like in life, you may as well stop the world and get off, because life becomes a lot less fun.
Just do your thing whatever it may be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 02:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,388 times
Some powdered non dairy creamer cream had gone hard in a small jar, so I tried dissolving it in hot water, but couple hours later had barely dissolved. Even pouring boiling water over it several times, it still took about 30 hours to completely dissolve! I leave it for you to conclude.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:33 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,258,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin woman View Post
If we were afraid to eat or drink anything because 'it gives you cancer' we'd all starve to death. Ive eaten everything and anything all my life and havent been diagnosed with any cancer yet.
Ever notice that as much "poison" as people say that we eat on this message board, the longer we live?

Old 09-13-2013, 05:41 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,220,652 times
Just reading all those ingredients in the non dairy creamers takes more time than drinking a cup of coffee.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:52 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,344,416 times
My motto is to not eat food with ingredients I can't pronounce. I am good with milk.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:36 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,273,923 times
I gave up the creamer. And now just use some sugar in my black coffee. It actually tastes better. So what i think many people really want is the sweet taste. If you cannot have sugar, get some liquid stevia and put a drop or two in. the liquid stevia comes in all kinds of interesting flavors: orange, vanilla, cinnamon, caramel, lemon, and so many more. You can also combine drops and develop your own favorite flavor.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:53 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,887,925 times
Quote:
I'm not worried about it causing cancer, but hydrogenated oils (think Crisco) will clog arteries. My family has a history of heart disease, so I try to avoid it when possible.

I found some fat free half and half that I will try.
The sad thing about "fat free" is they need to slip something else in to make it palatable; usually sugar in some form.

Think of fat free yogurt. How many people are actually going to slurp that nasty crap down? Very few and is why they pack it with sugar and fruit. You traded a little bit of fat for grams of sugar. Millions do so several times a day. Yoplait is the most popular.

Check this out. Yogurt

Old 05-07-2015, 05:47 PM

32,915 posts, read 36,310,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I gave up the creamer. And now just use some sugar in my black coffee. It actually tastes better. So what i think many people really want is the sweet taste. If you cannot have sugar, get some liquid stevia and put a drop or two in. the liquid stevia comes in all kinds of interesting flavors: orange, vanilla, cinnamon, caramel, lemon, and so many more. You can also combine drops and develop your own favorite flavor.
I don't want anything sweet in my coffee--not sugar, artificial sweetener, or those flavored creamers. I just want coffee flavored coffee with a little bit of fat. That powdered creamer is terrible. Fat free half and half doesn't taste bad to me, but I don't buy it. I don't drink coffee daily and just pour some liquid fat into it and enjoy it. Half and half is good enough.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:47 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,586,676 times
Quote:
I'm not worried about it causing cancer, but hydrogenated oils (think Crisco) will clog arteries. My family has a history of heart disease, so I try to avoid it when possible.

I found some fat free half and half that I will try.
How can there possibly be such a thing as "fat free half and half?"

Don in Austin

Old 05-07-2015, 11:28 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,278,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don in Austin View Post
How can there possibly be such a thing as "fat free half and half?"

Don in Austin
There isn't; it's mislabeled liquefied cardboard. I jest, but accidentally bought once, and it really tastes artificial. Yuck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink