Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 08:33 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,583 posts, read 17,927,273 times

Advertisements

Why can't you take in ice tea? Since you only need caffeine, and you can't drink coffee, this seems overly complicated.

Drink cold tea. I don't see any need to brew it while your there during the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 08:45 PM

612 posts, read 1,512,610 times
I am planning to get a good thermos and avoid taking anything electrical to library. Also cleaning a thermos would be an easy job and would be useful in winters too for storing hot water. While electric kettles and immersion heaters too are useful, it's a no-no at my workplace so wouldn't be able to make much use out of it.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:47 PM

612 posts, read 1,512,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Why can't you take in ice tea? Since you only need caffeine, and you can't drink coffee, this seems overly complicated.

Drink cold tea. I don't see any need to brew it while your there during the day.
My body temp reduces when I drink anything cold and I immediately feel like going to sleep. Since I want to concentrate for few hours, hot tea works best for me.

Old 06-09-2018, 12:43 AM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Yeah, I've found your basic Stanley or Thermos brand thermoses keep my tea hot for 10 or so hours even with opening it several times a day. And I would have to bring it outside for about 90 minutes in 20 degree weather.
I had to find a container which would keep my husband's coffee hot for many hours, and I chose Stanley. It worked very well.

Old 06-09-2018, 12:55 AM

1,487 posts, read 781,364 times
You can't bring a hot plate into a library. Are you nuts? If you can't afford to buy yourself your hot beverage somewhere and then drink it in the library ( who, by the way, you should be thanking for allowing food and drink inside at all ), that's too bad. SOL.

Old 06-09-2018, 06:20 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimisticStar View Post
I spend around 8 hours in library these days to study and usually need tea in between to increase my concentration. Library does not have a microwave to boil water/milk. There's a QT around, but I am allergic to coffee, so I am stuck to tea.

I am looking for ways to boil milk and water in the library without access to microwave or stove. Library does have electric sockets/plug, so something electric would work.
Just get an insulated tumbler and bring hot tea with you. Even Walmart carries a brand that keeps things hot or cold as long as costly prestige brands.

Old 06-09-2018, 06:30 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,497,029 times
Quote:
Thermos might not keep it hot for 4-5 hours. The thermos that I have keeps drinks hot for just couple of hours.
Get a Zojirushi thermos. It will keep beverages hot for 5+ hours. I've had drinks stay hot for close to eight hours.

Old 06-09-2018, 06:33 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Then you need a better thermos, should keep it hot for hours.

They also work better if you preheat them by pouring in hot water first for a couple minutes. Then dump it out and refill with your “real” hot water or tea.

I doubt the library would appreciate you bringing in your own electric kettle.
For sure the better thermos will work for you OP, plenty of testimonials to that here. No doubt the electric kettle will be a no go at the library, they're really not set up for any of the "comforts of home".

Quote:
Yeah didn't knew about thermos which can keep drinks hot for longer. Actually that would be much better for me so I don't have to carry milk and water in different container and heat it up over there... I can preheat the mixture before hand at home and then use it as is. Will take a look at it. Thanks for sharing!
Seriously, aren't you glad you asked?

Old 06-09-2018, 11:05 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
I spend around 8 hours in library these days to study and usually need tea in between to increase my concentration. Library does not have a microwave to boil water/milk. There's a QT around, but I am allergic to coffee, so I am stuck to tea.

I am looking for ways to boil milk and water in the library without access to microwave or stove. Library does have electric sockets/plug, so something electric would work.
Thermos

Old 06-09-2018, 12:21 PM

17,668 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:

Quote:
My body temp reduces when I drink anything cold and I immediately feel like going to sleep. Since I want to concentrate for few hours, hot tea works best for me.
This is insane. You can't bring electrical appliances to a library.

Here's your solution: a couple bottles of room temperature Snapple Iced Tea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink