Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 05:14 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,435,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Temperature, not spice.

When you eat cooked meals, how hot do you like it served?

My husband can eat things piping hot off the stove...I don't know how he does it. I physically can't handle anything hotter than warm, and I don't mind too much if it gets a little "cold" (room temp).

I think it's why I don't enjoy soups much...I have to wait 45 minutes before I can really start digging in.
I can eat with utensils right out of a pot or frying pan. Yes there is a "too hot", I have feeling in my mouth, but not as much as I need, I imagine. My dentist commented it looked like I had a burn on the roof of my mouth that I don't recall occurring.

It's ruined meals for me that aren't piping hot, as I detest when fresh-cooked food is served lukewarm, which, in all fairness, is probably perfectly hot to other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 08:00 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Temperature, not spice.

When you eat cooked meals, how hot do you like it served?

My husband can eat things piping hot off the stove...I don't know how he does it. I physically can't handle anything hotter than warm, and I don't mind too much if it gets a little "cold" (room temp).

I think it's why I don't enjoy soups much...I have to wait 45 minutes before I can really start digging in.
I like hot food to be HOT. I like cold food to be COLD.

I hate warm HOT food, Or warm COLD food. Interestingly, I am fine with food that is supposed to be warm - like warm salads or bread.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:43 PM

417 posts, read 190,988 times
I like food to be luke warm. To me, foods that are "too hot" take away from the flavor.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:35 PM

61,717 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Hot food should be served hot, cold food should be cold. Lukewarm food I send back to the kitchen.
I don't eat my food piping-hot, but it's easier to regulate the temperature of hot food. There is nothing I can do with a lukewarm dish.
I like Korean food served in the stone bowls, when is still sizzling/bubbling. I wait a moment then begin to eat it, slowly. Even the last bite is still pretty warm.
Absolutely despise lukewarm soups...

Old 06-29-2018, 10:30 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I never realized people actually liked cold leftovers, I just thought they couldn't be bothered to go through the effort of heating them up. My husband will eat them right out of the refrigerator, pizza, chili, whatever.

I prefer my food right off the stove, hot!
Uh, yeah, nothing quite as appetizing as cold pizza, chili and all those other things that have the oils congeal into yellowy masses in the refrigerator overnight.

Old 06-29-2018, 10:38 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Lukewarm anything is terrible.

Old 06-30-2018, 12:04 AM

617 posts, read 1,202,509 times
I'd prefer it hot - because if I wanted to take my sweet time eating it, I'd want it to not be cold near the end.

Old 06-30-2018, 02:21 AM

5,869 posts, read 4,210,466 times
If you think about it, your mouth and tongue can tolerate higher temperatures than your fingers. If it is cool enough to pick up with your fingers, it won't burn your mouth. Good test if you've worried about burning your tongue.

My preferences are at the other end. I don't like iced drinks, and I prefer to drink things at room temperature, but beer and soda are OK at fridge temp if it's a hot day.

As for hot/warm/room, I don't really care, but I don't like waiting for hot soup to cool.

Old 06-30-2018, 02:40 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
I like hot food in the winter & cold food in the summer. In the summer I will chill food after it's cooked.

Old 06-30-2018, 04:06 AM

187 posts, read 128,714 times
It should be hot...for safety reasons!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink