Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 03:03 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times

Advertisements

Anyone try this? A friend on the east coast says they are really good. I'm curious. I would like to be a vegetarian, but ... I just REALLY like meat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 03:47 PM

569 posts, read 671,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Anyone try this? A friend on the east coast says they are really good. I'm curious. I would like to be a vegetarian, but ... I just REALLY like meat.
My sister has had it and loved it. I am planning on trying it.

Old 07-14-2018, 04:30 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
I know a lot of people are or would consider being vegetarians but not me. Not only do I like my meat, but after all the veggies we have eaten this past week and how my tummy isn't crazy over them I think I will spend the rest of my life eating a mixture of meats and veggies. Especially root veggies and I do not get along. As for the burger I have not tried it. I have had veggie burgers and enjoy them once in awhile.

Old 07-14-2018, 05:02 AM

1,934 posts, read 1,080,849 times
We had some lentils leftover once and I made a couple "burgers" using them. I'm sticking to meat and seafood for burgers.

Old 07-14-2018, 05:48 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
I had one a couple of months ago. It was good, and I had it at a burger joint (Bill's Burgers in NYC).

I have been mostly vegetarian for almost three years. I have conceded to meat a few times for various reasons and situations. Some people do that and call themselves flexitarians because they are flexible if necessary.

Not eating meat doesn't mean you don't like it. As a matter of fact, the first meat that bothered me was lamb because they are so young and cute, but it's also, in my opinion, the very best tasting meat that there is.

There are a lot of great vegan and vegetarian meals out there these days. Why not experiment with them without committing to never eating meat again? I started years ago by doing a couple of vegetarian days a week. Nowadays I make sure that I do vegan/plant-based days here and there.

Anyway, I liked the Impossible Burger.

For people who live in Canada, one of the best veggie burgers EVER is the one at the Montana's chain.

Old 07-14-2018, 02:37 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

For people who live in Canada, one of the best veggie burgers EVER is the one at the Montana's chain.
Thanks for that heads-up! There's a location 6 miles from my house.

Old 07-14-2018, 04:06 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
So I guess the idea with this patty is it is supposed to taste like meat?

I absolutely love GardenBurgers (must cook crispy and for longer than package states, IMO), but they are nothing like meat and not trying to be. I also eat hamburgers when I want one.

This sounds weird to me, but I'm certainly willing to try it sometime.

Old 07-14-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
So I guess the idea with this patty is it is supposed to taste like meat?

I absolutely love GardenBurgers (must cook crispy and for longer than package states, IMO), but they are nothing like meat and not trying to be. I also eat hamburgers when I want one.

This sounds weird to me, but I'm certainly willing to try it sometime.
It's more that the texture is kind of like meat than that it actually tastes like meat.

I too like all different types of veggie burgers. Another really good one, if you happen to be in the neighborhood , is at a food truck on the museumplein in Amsterdam between the Van Gogh Museum and the Rijksmuseum. It's a hemp burger. Get the tomato soup with it.

https://foursquare.com/v/lunch-kiosk...b09a6d7ae1ba18

I liked Amsterdam and was only there for two nights. I would go back for that hemp burger. And Van Gogh.

Old 07-14-2018, 10:43 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
No. Just no. I love plant-based patties. There's really no need for them to resemble meat.

Old 07-15-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
No. Just no. I love plant-based patties. There's really no need for them to resemble meat.
Exactly. Of the frozen ones, I like the chickpea and black bean based types equally. I don't need them to taste or look like meat.

I recently had an Amy's frozen veggie burger, which has all types of things in it, and it was pretty good.

The Impossible Burger holds together well, and as I already pointed out, it's the texture that makes it "meatlike".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink